• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help bad contractor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OHRoadwarrior

You know something Mr. OHRoadwarrior, iv been checking your other post and there is not one of them where you are not attacking the people, there is an old saying, speaks only when words are wiser than silence, maybe you should do that.

There is a lot of smart and helpful people in this forum i know cause iv been helped by them they know how to help people in need of advise you just like to sound smart and there is a big difference between being smart and a smart ass
I have not attacked you. I have simply requested you provide pertinent information and pointed out the actions that led to this situation. Would you rather I pat you on the back, give you an atta boy, say what a bad person the contractor is and how he should be drug through the mud and forced to replace everything your dad owned. Okay, you are 100% correct. Sue the no good louse in court for everything he owns. Happy now?

yareli

I have not attacked you. I have simply requested you provide pertinent information and pointed out the actions that led to this situation. Would you rather I pat you on the back, give you an atta boy, say what a bad person the contractor is and how he should be drug through the mud and forced to replace everything your dad owned. Okay, you are 100% correct. Sue the no good louse in court for everything he owns. Happy now?

speaks only when words are wiser than silence

OHRoadwarrior

You just want to present the image that dad is an innocent, old, helpless victim, of a mean nasty abusive contractor and request everyone help you filet him for it. Sorry, the cheerleaders are on break. The contractor has a right to earn a living also. He has a right to be paid for his work. He has a right to be paid for a contract partially completed due to the homeowner interfering with the job. You have not provided enough info, only conjecture to prove otherwise.

Last edited:

yareli

You just want to present the image that dad is an innocent, old, helpless victim, of a mean nasty abusive contractor and request everyone help you filet him for it. Sorry, the cheerleaders are on break.
and again speaks only when words are wiser than silence ;)

yareli

I can see the lack of wisdom old dad has imparted on his children. It seems somewhat similar in nature, to what you have said his own is.
really let it go you don't have to get mad about it maybe for some you do sound smart offending people you don't know even worst offending old people you don't know please just calm down and really let it go, don't let it get to you and again

speaks only when words are wiser than silence

Banned_Princess

i don't have the contract with me but what i read from it says the name and license# of the contractor and its states that he is being hired by my dad to do the roof of the house to be finished in 3 days with legal authorization by the city for the price of $8000 getting a $2000 advance, and it also states if contract were to be breached by contractor he would give the advance back and if it would be breached by my dad the contractor keeps the advance.
And like i said he doesn't want to do the job now or give the money back
Doesn't sound like the permits were the contractors job, and your dad should have taken you or your husband to get the permit. (owners of the home)

Also sounds like your dad broke the contract by telling him to stop, and undue his work.

that 2k probably went to materials, return them if possible.

yareli

Doesn't sound like the permits were the contractors job, and your dad should have taken you or your husband to get the permit. (owners of the home)

Also sounds like your dad broke the contract by telling him to stop, and undue his work.

Its my sisters house either way we shouldn't of left him alone you are right about that and the materials are no good anymore the wood is all cracked because of the water

John_DFW

Typically permits are required to be displayed in a prominent location on the property work is to be performed at.

The contractor bears responsibility to ensure that the proper permit has been obtained prior to starting work.

That does not solve the problem for the OP, but does highlight an issue the contractor has with the building inspection department, and even in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">