• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Please!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
I am in Killeen, Texas. I paid $800 child support through the courts, when it was time to stop payment I gave the lawyer all paperwork needed to stop. We went to court and stopped the child support but the lawyer's secretary forgot to file it properly. The court paid two months over when it was suppose to stop. When I confronted them to pay me the money back because they made the mistake, they went after the other party and told me they would handle everything for free. They won the judgdement, a Small Claims Judgment was rendered on August 29, 2007. As of yet, I have not received any type of payment against the judgment. A Judgment for $1,326.82 was awarded and a total of $222.00 court costs and fee for the attorney. Over a year has pass by and I talked with the other party and they refused to pay. My question is should I sue the lawyer who made the mistake in the first place (because if they filed the paperwork correctly we would not be going through this) to pay me and let them go after the other party? I tried to get the lawyer to enforce the other party but they wanted to charge me a fee because of the amount of work it takes, so I refused to pay for the enforcement and started thinking about going after the lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential