• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with Notice of Motion to Change Name of Plaintiff

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
Hi Everyone,

I reside in the state of New Jersey. A judgment was obtained against me for a credit card from FIA Card Services. Through the law firm of Goldman and Warshaw. This week I received a letter from the law firm of Nudelman, Klemm & Golub (NK&G). They have filed a "NOTICE OF MOTION" that states the following as listed below. I was wondering if it will do anything to help me if I OBJECT to this order? If it will not change anything or I have no legal ground to prevent the change then I will just ignore the notice and allow it to happen.

Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciate!

"TAKE NOTICE that the undersigned will apply to the Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division, Special Civil Part, Essex County located at 465 ****** Luther King Blvd., Newark, NJ 07102 for an Order seeking leave to amend the name of the plaintiff to Barclays Bank of Delaware.

A Certification of Counsel in support of this Motion is attached.

The Order sought will be entered at the discretion of the Court, unless you notify the Clerk of Court and the undersigned, in writing, withing 10 days after the service of this notice upon you, that you object to the entry of the Order sought."


Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Who was the original plaintiff? Not the law firm that represented them...the actual plaintiff.


It is possible that the account was sold to the new plaintiff or the original plaintiff is owned by the new one. Just do some research on the two companies to figure it out. doing an objection on this kind of motion wouldn't do anything as the ownership of the account seems to have changed is all. At most you could ask for a clarification as to the reason for the change in the plaintiffs name. In any case the account was sold or the original company was purchased by the later.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential