• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with Tax questions...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Mississippi
I have been separated from my husband for nearly two years and I recieve welfare due the fact I have been ill and unable to work he has paid child support as if there was a divorce agreement and has paid my utilities for nearly 2 years .My Question is can he claim my son on his income tax?any information would be greatly appreciated .......Thanks,Sherry


Senior Member
Yes, you should sign form 8332 and allow him to claim your son, provided that he is the boy's father.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential