• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sangel

i need to know my legal rights i'm renting and my landlord as not paid my water bill and my water got cut off today and i have 3 kids and one on the way and i can't be without water. the water is in her name but i pay her for it the apartment beside me i just found out i was sharing water meter with them so i'm probably paying for there water and mine which i don't think is fair and i need to know what i can do about this i have no receipts showing i payed the water bill but my neighbors water bill she pays for theres just not mine which i've probably been paying for both which right now i have no neighbors they just moved out..i don't know what to do about this problem seems i get water cut off notice all the time and i hate living not knowing when the next time will be that this happens so far this is the first time its happened but it would have happened more if the water guy wasn't so nice and left it on the last few times to where i had time to call my landlord to get her to pay it...which if i could afford to move right now i would but my husband just got laid off so i can't afford to do so..

Please help i need advice on what to do and what my rights are to this...

J

Jack Mevorach, Esq.

LL not permitted to cut off your water. Go to court, with or without attorney. Clerks in the court should help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">