• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Skihaus1

Ok, here's the deal.

Officers can tell if a driver in under the influence without any field tests. In those cases, the field tests are just a procedural formality.

The purpose of the field sobriety tests is to trap the recreational drinker. These are the people that stop by a bar and have a beer or order a margerita at the Mexican joint. They'll blow a .02 but they can get an arrest based on your "performance" in the FST's. That's why the tests have you do physically unatural acts. Get the picture?...... The deal is to get good citizens with good jobs in to the DUI system because they can pay money. Don't you find it strange that state government is invovled in alcohol sales????? Have you ever been to a liquor store an denied a fifth Jack Daniels because of "concern about drunk driving"?????The State makes BIG money off of alcohol and they are willing to do things like require $10,000 bond on a first offense to get the moola.

Now, I'm revealing this under the presumption that you've not hided anything that happened. If you have, you get no sympathy from me.

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

My state's not involved in liquor sales the way some, like PA is. It's free enterprise in Florida. The state collects sales tax, but the same percentage they get when you buy a loaf of bread.

I can acutally spot a person who's had a few drinks now myself, not terribly drunk, just a couple quick ones. It's not hard to do, and I don't have any training.

FlyingRon

The state may not be involved in operating retail stores like Pennsylvania, but let me tell you t here is NO state where the state government is not intricately involved in the sale and distribution of alcohol. The holder of the licenses pay taxes and fees. There is a liquor excise tax at $9.53/proof-gallon. This is all over the sales tax at the retail point of sale.

skihaus1

now what?

thank you all who have given the scenario of graft & corruption with our judicial/ legal system-- it helps shed some light on our situation. Now, what should be our approach and what can we expect the outcome to be?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">