• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help :(

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momtwo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC
Hello everyone, my husband and i have been separated a month, and i found out today he stole from someone and has a warrant for him now (he's on probation...) And he told someone he is running out of state. I know i have 11 more months before filing for divorce but my question is does this mean I'll have to serve him by publication and if so can anyone give me some info on how that's done? Thanks.

single317dad

Hello everyone, my husband and i have been separated a month, and i found out today he stole from someone and has a warrant for him now (he's on probation...) And he told someone he is running out of state. I know i have 11 more months before filing for divorce but my question is does this mean I'll have to serve him by publication and if so can anyone give me some info on how that's done? Thanks.
You'll need to exhaust all attempts at conventional methods of service before service by publication will be accepted. Don't put the cart before the horse though; 11 months is a long time for someone to change their mind. He could very well be a resident of the county lockup when the time comes for service.

Antigone*

If you can't do anything for at least 11 months, why worry about it now? Circumstances can change a lot between now and then.

momtwo

I just want to be prepared. I certainly won't be staying married to him...and if he does run out of state they may never find him. We also have a 2yr old child so I'll be needing to do the custody papers too, and serve him, sometime within this year if i decide to go ahead and get an order.

Antigone*

I just want to be prepared. I certainly won't be staying married to him...and if he does run out of state they may never find him. We also have a 2yr old child so I'll be needing to do the custody papers too, and serve him, sometime within this year if i decide to go ahead and get an order.
My advice is this: Save up for an attorney. You have 11 months.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">