• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hemap & filing bankrupcty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

roach9663

What is the name of your state? pa.

help i don't know what to do. i am $13,000 in credit card debt. with no way of even paying it. also i have just filed for the homeowners mortgage assitance program due to an act 91 notice i received. should i file bankruptcy on my credit cards & if i do will my house be affected? will filing affect my hemap appilication?

Ladynred

I can't help you on the hemap application part of your question, perhaps someone else can.

Are you behind on your mortgage payments ? Are you employed ?

If you're behind on your payments, a Ch 7 may not be for you since you cannot be in arrears with a Ch 7. If you file, the equity in your home is at issue. If you have more equity than the exemptions allow, you could have a big problem. PA has NO homestead exemption, so you'd have to use Federal exemptions to protect your house (16,150K). If the property is held as tenancy by entirety, the house MAY be completely exempt under PA laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">