• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hey jlkpgh

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FlyingRon

VA Reckless driving by speed, plead guilty by mail
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
Hello,
I read through a lot of the posts on this subject but I haven't seen one where they pleaded guilty via the mail using the pink slip. There was one post that mentioned the pink slip but that person appeared. Has anyone experienced this? I was charged with going 85 in a 65 zone on I77 near Wytheville. If I mailed it in would a letter explaining my spotless driving record and acknowledging the errors of my ways and how this has shown what a mistake this was? Would it help if I attended traffic class on my own and let them know in the letter?
Thanks for any insight.
Reckless driving is a CRIME in Virginia. Certain on the "speed trap" jurisdictions along I-81 will allow you to plead guilty in absentia (because the CA there waives jail time), but you don't want that on your record.

Your best bet would be either to APPEAR or to have a local lawyer appear for you. Usually you can get some consideration if your record is otherwise clear. However the GDC's vary all over the place, and even within Virginia not all traffic schools are considered the same. You need to know what the particular court wants.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">