• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit and run on my car parked in my drive way

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jacques001

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

I woke up this morning to discover that my car which was parked off the street in my driveway had been rear ended into the wall of our apartment building, severely destroying the passenger side from the driver passenger door to the headlight.

I had parked the car on Friday after work, and didn't return to it until this Monday morning to drive to work. I noticed something was wrong when the wheel was in the wrong place.

(to clarify my neighbor and I share the same "contiguous" driveway, no physical barrier between his side and mine)

I believe my neighbor deliberately rear ended the vehicle with his SUV to move it. A year ago a tire on my car and a friend's car were each slashed (both parked in the same spot of the driveway) after my neighbor and my friend got into an intense argument. We filed a police report but there was no evidence to tie it to him.

A month ago, my roommate witnessed the neighbor use his SUV to forcibly push my friend's car further up the street, while it was parked on the street, i.e. he rear ended it to move it.

While I don't have any witnesses or hard evidence, I noticed a few things:

1) There is a faint impression of a license plate on the rear bumper of my vehicle. (Is there anyway to "paint" these onto a piece of paper?)

2) Barely a few of the numbers can be made out--really just the first 2 and the last digit (six digits total).

3) My neighbor's SUV's front license plate is completely crumpled and destroyed.

4) The scratches of his license plate are in the same pattern and would line up with my rear bumper, where his car would have made contact with mine in order to push it.

5) Neighbors plate number is like this: 52AB42. The numbers that can be seen on my rear end bumper are like: 52XXX2.

I've already gone through insurance, and I'm having an officer come by first thing in the morning.

My question is, does any of this seem plausible? Would an office believe this story?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">