• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hit by a car on friday

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Simsy4

Should I persue injuries on top of damages to my car?

From California

I was driving home from school on the middle lane when a man in pulled out of a parking lot onto my lane and hit my car, although he never admitted fault, it's pretty obvious that it was, I have two witnesses and have not reported the accident yet. He seems like a nice man and i don't want to cause him any extra trouble, i just want my car fixed. I got a lawyer and he is taking care of it but he also said that i should go for some personal injury because my neck hurts, I just want to know if the lawyer is neccesary and if i should take the lawyers advice and ask for compensation for my neck being injured? I'm a good person, I really don't want his money but the lawyer won't take my case unless i do what he says! Does the money come out of the mans pocket or the insurance agencies?!

Last edited:

Simsy4

At the scene of the accident I said I was fine.

When we were exchanging information he asked me about a hundred times if I was feeling alright, I told him yes but I woke up the next morning and I wasn't. Is it ok that my story is not consistent?

Y

ylen13

Simsy4 said:
When we were exchanging information he asked me about a hundred times if I was feeling alright, I told him yes but I woke up the next morning and I wasn't. Is it ok that my story is not consistent?
yes, usually you will feel okay at that time but that night or next morning will be feeling much worse then right after you got hit. Now regarding the lawyer, reason he advising you to got doctor is that is how he makes money, he do not make any money from gettting the insurance company to pay for the car. Basically go to doctor, get treated as you need it and at the end your car will be fixed and you will also make some money from this accident after everything is said and done. If you just want to get your fixed then you do not need a lawyer and can easily handle it your self by calling the insurance company and reporting the accident

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">