• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit by drunk driver-exceeds policy limits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

litltexas

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ohio

I was t-boned by a drunk driver 12-5-03. Since then not a day without pain. Had back surgery 11-16-04 and still there is pain. Probably another surgery in future.

My question is: I received emails from the drunk driver's insurance company stating they would pay medical bills 100%, pain and suffering and lost wages.
No mention of up to policy limits. Now, my medical alone is over $100K. Are they still liable to pay since they agreed without knowing how much it was going to be?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

litltexas said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ohio

I was t-boned by a drunk driver 12-5-03. Since then not a day without pain. Had back surgery 11-16-04 and still there is pain. Probably another surgery in future.

My question is: I received emails from the drunk driver's insurance company stating they would pay medical bills 100%, pain and suffering and lost wages.
No mention of up to policy limits. Now, my medical alone is over $100K. Are they still liable to pay since they agreed without knowing how much it was going to be?

My response:

Copy and paste their e-mails to you, here, on this subject. Include the defendant's policy limits, if known. Redact all proper nouns.

IAAL

litltexas

Email is the quickest/easiest to get hold of me. I am on the phone about 90% of the day, either making outgoing or recieving incoming calls.

When it's time to settle, I will evauate the claim and include the medical bills at 100% so the bills will be compensated for the full amount of the bill regardless of who pays it. The lost wages will also be included in the settlement. Send me over your employment verfification of days/hours lost and hourly wage. If the time off is more than three days, I will need a doctors note stating additional days off to document the file.

Another email states payment of pain and suffering.
The policy is $100K per person $300 per occurance (this came from the insured adjuster verbally the other day). She says they never pay more than policy limits unless they go to court. I only want it where this crash doesn't cost me to loose my home and everything I've worked so hard for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">