• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hit by someone backing out of his drive way

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hellen

Back on 9/10 i was hit in the rear passengerside flank of my car by my new neighbor backing out of his driveway.
He received a ticket for wreckless driving and I a subpoena to Testity for the state against the guy who hit me. Today I received via mail a specific court date. I was told he pleaded innocent. Now what does this mean for me? I have never been in a sitaution like this. All I wanted was to get my car fixed.

PS I am located in NJ

Hell

[This message has been edited by Hellen (edited September 26, 2000).]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

It just means you will testify against your neighbor in court. She is just pleading innocent, she is not stupid enough to plead guilty. You see the prosecutor has the burden of proof to show she did in fact drive wrecklessly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">