• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home Daycare Contract Broken & Payment Not Received!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? va

My wife has a home daycare. She was not paid for a week she was due for her services by a couple. When disputed, the couple decided not to bring their child back to the daycare. In my wife's signed contract, she stated that two weeks payment would be due if their was not a two weeks notice given for the termination of daycare services. The couple now owes her $225. How can my wife enforce payment and breach of contract through the courts without her having to pay any court costs or attorney fees. Can she make the couple pay for the court costs and attorney fees?


Senior Member
You can sue in small claims court and you won't need an attorney. You will have to pay the filing fees, but often you can get these fees back if you win, and you remember to claim them in your complaint. The clerk at the court can give you more information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential