• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home policy being cancelled, looking for options

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I just got a quote for the "Fair Plan" through the state. It's only actual cash value coverage, and only for fire, and costs more than what I was paying for home AND auto together through the company I was previously dealing with. Higher deductible too.

quincy

I just got a quote for the "Fair Plan" through the state. It's only actual cash value coverage, and only for fire, and costs more than what I was paying for home AND auto together through the company I was previously dealing with. Higher deductible too.
Having a bad roof is going to continue to be a problem for you, with all insurers. I suggest you get the best insurance you can find and then work on getting your roof fixed.

For comparison purposes, the current average homeowners insurance rate in Florida is $10,996, with significant increases expected. The average rate in the U.S. as a whole is $2377. Bundling home and auto can lower the rate.

Having a bad roof is going to continue to be a problem for you, with all insurers. I suggest you get the best insurance you can find and then work on getting your roof fixed.

For comparison purposes, the current average homeowners insurance rate in Florida is $10,996, with significant increases expected. The average rate in the U.S. as a whole is $2377. Bundling home and auto can lower the rate.
Wow! If that were the cost, I wouldn't even bother having insurance in Florida.
I always try to bundle, but since my current agent is still giving me the silent treatment, I won't be able to get anything through her, and she still has my auto policy. If I can get a home policy elsewhere, I'd get my auto policy transferred there as well.

quincy

Wow! If that were the cost, I wouldn't even bother having insurance in Florida.
I always try to bundle, but since my current agent is still giving me the silent treatment, I won't be able to get anything through her, and she still has my auto policy. If I can get a home policy elsewhere, I'd get my auto policy transferred there as well.
Unfortunately for Floridians with mortgages, going without insurance is generally not an option.

Good luck in your search for a good insurer, and a good contractor to work on your roof.

Unfortunately for Floridians with mortgages, going without insurance is generally not an option.

Good luck in your search for a good insurer, and a good contractor to work on your roof.
I managed to get ahold of one contractor today who said he can come to my house on July 30th to give me an estimate. He said he wouldn't be able to begin work until September at the earliest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">