• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

homeless

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SisterSavior

What is the name of your state?alabama ok i know lots of posts but am in a very bad position at moment heres is my situation in short just now started job due to maternity leave am paying al legal fees and have to ay for a cars registration,tags,and get insurance started on care he bought.my checks are about 180 or so gross a week.no type of emergency housing here done looked into that and section 8 will take up to year.lease is up in feb and he is not gonna oay for any more rent after lease.he does pay some money but he pays enough for food and requests reciept of how much was spent.around 150 a week. can he sue nad win custody and call me unfit to raise kids if i cannot get a place by the time rent is up and me and girls have to go live in a small home with my friend temporarily tll support comes in?

BL

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=208004

You should keep with your other post,so as others know your situation.

There may be help in your community if you are faced with an evictions,or other urgent needs.

Red Cross
Volunteers of America
Womens shelters/organizations. may know of good resources.
Temporary assistance ( emergency ) Often pays for a months rent,and food.

Phone books often have a life-line help line.

If you are determined to find a place,instead of your kids living w/ the other parent,I'm sure you will do what's necessary.

SisterSavior

thing is he woukd not be home with them it due to his driving would be more than likely his mother.oh i can get a place to go i have a friend even though its small home to stay till can financially get an apt for me and kids prob is can he just sue for custody on grounds that kids have no permanant home or unfit mom neglect etc stuff? or infact could he take girls and not return them till decree?

BL

You need to speak w/ your Lawyer.

Unless he tries some sort of Emergency Custody Petition and It's granted, I doubt you have a worry,unless your Friend place is so small it violates the occupancy requirements .

You need to get some feedback from your Lawyer on these What Ifs ?

bubbly602

Just an idea...

Go to your local DHS/Welfare office and ask if they have a "Housing Resource Guide" or a "Community Resource Guide" Realizing that you're not where I am, the welfare department should have something like this, and it should have listings for emergency housing in there. There are a lot of programs for single parents trying to get back on their feet. If you PM me with your county, I'd be willing to try and look up some community resource sites to help you find housing, and maybe help you deal with some of the other issues you're worried about. Good luck to you, and if you need some moral support, feel free to PM me.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">