• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hotel room burglarized

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Proserpina

The Greece wrote "The hotel gave you the tools and resouces necessary to protect your items. You do have recourse against the perp when/if he is ever found."

Another example of your desire to point out others mistakes to feel better about yourself. Your quote above check it out, I could have responded by saying resouces what are they, and why is the perp a he are woman not perps?

Ohhh wait here is an idea.. ther must be a website for FreeAdviceEnglish/Writing scholars forum where you dont have to know what your talking about to dole out more helpful insight to others. Try it

What exactly was inaccurate about Antigone's response? There was a safe in the room.

Safe = tools/resources

swalsh411

I just wanted to post in such a classic thread. It's hilarious to see the OP coming back again and again to complain about being "harassed". I also find it incredibly funny that he thinks the regulars here are lawyers and doctors spend their days answering forum questions on webmd.

notthatbright

nothing wrong with her response. She used one of her useful replies to point out that I incorrectly used the word soul/sole. So I merely pointed out her lack of the letter r in resources and it was unfair to assume the perp was a male and not female. The first time she wrote it I didnt jump on it as an opportunity to roast her, I let it go as what it was, a mistake, but people love to throw stones. Read through this thread if you have the stomach the original issue was lost long ago. Since then they have been trying to prove thier intelligence and boost their egos. It seems pretty common on this site. Im done

Proserpina

nothing wrong with her response. She used one of her useful replies to point out that I incorrectly used the word soul/sole. So I merely pointed out her lack of the letter r in resources and it was unfair to assume the perp was a male and not female. The first time she wrote it I didnt jump on it as an opportunity to roast her, I let it go as what it was, a mistake, but people love to throw stones. Read through this thread if you have the stomach the original issue was lost long ago. Since then they have been trying to prove thier intelligence and boost their egos. It seems pretty common on this site. Im done

Aw, c'mon. Stick around.

(seriously).

Read through the older posts - you'll get an incredibly useful (and free) education.

Banned_Princess

Let's do grammar now. The correct verb to use in this sentence is are. :cool:
And additionally ...

Originally Posted by notthatbright
I understand thank you.
The two continually harassing me about my grammar and other irrelevant issues is entertaining me now. I am long past the my possible recourse.

"i am long past past the my possible recourse" isn't a sentence that makes any sense. it is dumb. and shows lack of education, probably why you cant seem to grasp that you have no recourse in the first place.

Allow me to put that in grammar you understand, That sentence sence is none.

Antigone*

And additionally ...

"i am long past past the my possible recourse" isn't a sentence that makes any sense. it is dumb. and shows lack of education, probably why you cant seem to grasp that you have no recourse in the first place.

Allow me to put that in grammar you understand, That sentence sence is none.
pssttt....banned...typo. I won't tell;)

Country Living

All of us understand the excitement of going on vacation. When you "dropped your stuff off in the hotel room", this tells me you made no attempt to do even the slightest safeguarding of your personal belongings. Bottom line - it was your responsibility to do everything within your means to protect your valuables, even something as simple as making sure the door closed securely when you left the room.

You had several opportunities to protect your assets, none of which you utilized.
  • You don't have homeowner's or renter's insurance to give you coverage against theft. For less than $10 a month you could have had renter's insurance. That doesn't seem so much now, does it?
  • You chose to carry quite a bit of cash and other portable valuable assets. Thieves love cash. Whatever happened to traveler's checks?
  • You chose not to use the hotel safe.

You have no recourse against the hotel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">