• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

house arrest is a joke

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MAD AND CONFUSED

My boyfriend is in the process of getting a nasty divorce in Indiana and his ex just got out of prison in November. She spent a year in prison for fraud and embezeling almost 100,000$ from her ex employeer. She claims she doesn't know where all the money went and that she is rehabilitated. At our preliminary hearing she was awarded temporary custody of the 3 kids that we had raised for a year. My boyfriend has no convictions or past crimes and is a hard working man and LOVING father. Her family has a lot of influence where they are from and we are getting a very raw deal. She is on home incarceration and probation for 5 years but she is never home. The only reason she wants the kids is to have an excuse to ride around town (and for the ungodly amount of childsupport). Like I said, her family has connections with the police. How do we make sure she isn't out and about? Catching her could really influence our case. She has gotten mad during phone conversations, hung up on us, and drove by the house honking. How can this be an acceptable outing with her probation officer? Should we complain to her PO (she leaves the kids home alone often) or do we call the police? Help, we are fed up!

ALawyer

Sorry, but if she was so tight with the police, why was SHE in prison?

You guys need a lawyer to battle for custody for you.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">