• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

House sold illegally by a family member...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MissV

I am not an attorney and don't play one in real life.

When you say what your Mom did/didn't do - how would you know? If your Sister obtained your mother's Power of Attorney and/or Quit Claim Deed, then she may have only needed these documents to be notarized (and maybe recorded at your County's Register of Deeds). What do you want the outcome to be? If you want your Sister to leave, you'll need a Judge. Judges don't seem to care about feelings or 'somebody done somebody wrong'. They want facts.

Last edited:

quincy

The original poster (ghostsoulsx57) has not been back to this forum since the day s/he first posted, which was August 17. On this forum, we try not to revive old threads.

As an additional note, forum members who ARE attorneys already responded to ghostsoulsx57’s question.

MissV

The original poster (ghostsoulsx57) has not been back to this forum since the day s/he first posted, which was August 17. On this forum, we try not to revive old threads.

As an additional note, forum members who ARE attorneys already responded to ghostsoulsx57’s question.
Thank you. I guess I assumed it would have been closed.

quincy

Thank you. I guess I assumed it would have been closed.
Threads on this forum are (generally) left open so that the original poster can return with additional questions or to provide updates. Older threads are otherwise used for reference purposes only and not open for additional comments.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">