• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can I get a temporary protection order removed or modified?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jk457457

HI. I have 50% shared custody over my 4 year old. I did not allow my ex wife to take my son out of state for Christmas. She was furious and decided to file a false protection order and a temporary oder was issued including my son. Due to the holidays I will not be able to see my son for 28 days which is a tragedy. The longest we have ever been separated was 5 days. She reached her goal. So I want to file 2 motions and hope one of them is being passed: 1: Motion to change the date of hearing to an earlier date, or 2: Motion to modify temporary protection order to remove child (there is no statement made by her why the child was included). I feel like I have great arguments to make: emotional trauma, missing pre-school (at my house), missing christmas, feeling abandoned by me, etc… What are my chances for success? Thank you kindly. PS: I am in Washington state.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
HI. I have 50% shared custody over my 4 year old. I did not allow my ex wife to take my son out of state for Christmas. She was furious and decided to file a false protection order and a temporary oder was issued including my son. Due to the holidays I will not be able to see my son for 28 days which is a tragedy. The longest we have ever been separated was 5 days. She reached her goal. So I want to file 2 motions and hope one of them is being passed: 1: Motion to change the date of hearing to an earlier date, or 2: Motion to modify temporary protection order to remove child (there is no statement made by her why the child was included). I feel like I have great arguments to make: emotional trauma, missing pre-school (at my house), missing christmas, feeling abandoned by me, etc… What are my chances for success? Thank you kindly. PS: I am in Washington state.
Why did you "not allow" Mom to take your mutual child out of state? Is there an order saying she cannot do so? Is it your parenting time?

LdiJ

You have almost zero chance of getting any new motions heard before the current scheduled hearing. With the holidays coming up the calendars are particularly crowded. You are actually lucky that you only have to wait 28 days for a hearing.

Jk457457

But how can that be that I and my child can be so severely punished before I even was found guilty? This is not justice.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
But how can that be that I and my child can be so severely punished before I even was found guilty? This is not justice.
You have a 50/50 timeshare ... the child is with the other parent. Please, dial down the drama - it's really not going to help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">