• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can I get access to my counties court database?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Cincinnati, OH

They have court records on a website but they won't let you scrape it. I want to get this data so I can open it up to the public in a way that is actually easy to query and analyze.

I have it.

You go in and search every conceivable issue you wish to have the complete info on and take what is given and compile that into whatever database you are intending on using. Then you install your search functions as you desire and viola` you have what you are looking for.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
my only goal would be to make the data open so that citizens know what is happening in the justice system.
The data is already open and citizens have the ability to know what's happening in the criminal justice system. If you don't like the way it's presented that's too bad, but the government is under no obligation to you to provide you publicly accessible data in a personalized format.

PACER charges you to view records which makes it impossible to do any real analysis one way or another.
Yeah, 10 cents per page with a maximum charge of 3 dollars per document is a real burden. :rolleyes:

While PACER makes it possible to spy on an individual it does not allow you to look at the system as a whole.
How is viewing public records considered "spying"?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">