• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how can i get custody of my kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TAMATHA

alabama
i got a divorce almost 5 years ago from a very abusive spouse, at that time he told me if i fight him in court for my kids he will kill me and the judge stupid enough to grant me custody,so out of fear i sighned the papers. since the day i sighned the papers he gave me my kids back and said that was so he would never have to pay me child support, now he remarried to a women who hates the kids , even though they live with me , they spend every other weekend in his home.so everytime they go to his home she is very mean to them and dont want them there at all.she puts a time limit on me about how long they can stay and i explained to her that her husband has full custody of these kids so by law i can drop them there and she would have to take care of them full time but because i love my kids dearly i try to keep them with me all the time,exept when i am working.how should i handle this problem. i thought about dropping them there with all there belongings for a while to let her see the reality but on the other hand maybe i should just take him to court and get my kids back . there is still a little fear in me because he abused me for 20 years. what should i do?

ceara19

TAMATHA said:
alabama
i got a divorce almost 5 years ago from a very abusive spouse, at that time he told me if i fight him in court for my kids he will kill me and the judge stupid enough to grant me custody,so out of fear i sighned the papers. since the day i sighned the papers he gave me my kids back and said that was so he would never have to pay me child support, now he remarried to a women who hates the kids , even though they live with me , they spend every other weekend in his home.so everytime they go to his home she is very mean to them and dont want them there at all.she puts a time limit on me about how long they can stay and i explained to her that her husband has full custody of these kids so by law i can drop them there and she would have to take care of them full time but because i love my kids dearly i try to keep them with me all the time,exept when i am working.how should i handle this problem. i thought about dropping them there with all there belongings for a while to let her see the reality but on the other hand maybe i should just take him to court and get my kids back . there is still a little fear in me because he abused me for 20 years. what should i do?
SHE does not have to take care of the children at ANY time. I don't understand why you would want to drop your kids off to be in the sole care of a woman you yourself said "is very mean to them and dont want them there at all". That makes you even WORSE than she is, you are the MOTHER.

HOPENDEN

I agree with Ciara19. WHY would you want to leave your children with someone who does not want them? I am trying to be sympathetic here, you know what you need to do. If the father is in agreement as you say with the custody, then go back and file and have it legal, collect the child support for your children.

TAMATHA

NUMBER ONE ALL I WAS SAYING IS HE WAS A MAN WHO TOOK CUSTODY BUT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MY KIDS IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM**************...CUSTODY SAYS I AM TO SEE THEM EVERY OTHER WEEKEND.BUT SINCE I AM A RESPONSIBLE MOTHER I DO NOT LEAVE MY KIDS IN HER CARE BUT SHE SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT IT WAS HER HUSBAND WHO DID THIS.MY KIDS ARE WITH ME EVERYDAY.EVEN HIS FAMILY TOLD ME THAT SHE IS A CRAZY WOMEN. I AM THE ONE WHO SAT HERE AND WORKED 2 JOBS FOR 5 YEARS AND CRIED AT NIGHT TO HOW I WAS GOING TO FEED MY KIDS WHILE HE OR HER DID NOT CARE. HE NEVER HELPED ME WITH THESE KIDS.AND WHEN THE KIDS DID VISIT SHE TOLD ME TO SEND FOOD AND TWENTY DOLLARS A KID.SO YOU GUYS THINK ITS FAIR FOR HIM TO HAVE CUSTODY BUT LEAVE THEM WITH ME AND NO HELP AND THEN LET HER PUT GUIDE LINES ON HOW AND WHEN THEY CAN STAY?YES I AM THE MOTHER THATS WHY THEY LIVE WITH ME AND NOT HER.:confused: ANYWAY THANKS FOR THE ADVISE:(

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Quit yelling, please - it's not going to get you better help. None of us are deaf.

The fact remains, that your considering a plan to drop your kids off on a doorstep of someone who hates them is a crappy thing to do to your kids. So either deal with the situation as it is, or file for a change in custody. Those are your choices.

TAMATHA

BY THE WAY I WAS A GREAT MOTHER BEFORE AND I WILL REMAIN A GREAT MOTHER TO MY KIDS. GUESS THATS WHAT I ASK FOR WHEN I MARRIED A TALIBAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND TO CLAIRE BY LAW HE HAS SOLE CUSTODY AND SHE MARRIED HIM SO SHE IS SUPPOSE TO TAKE SOLE CARE OF THEM BY LAW.BUT I AM BETTER THAN HER THATS WHY I AM DOING WHAT I NEED TO DO.:mad:

TAMATHA

I Am Not Planning To Drop Them Off You Are Maybe Not Deaf But Your Not Getting What I Am Saying Here.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
TAMATHA said:
I Am Not Planning To Drop Them Off You Are Maybe Not Deaf But Your Not Getting What I Am Saying Here.
I am very clearly getting what you're saying. But you do not have to SHOUT at us. And the capitalizing every word isn't working, either. Please type normally - cap the first word of a sentence.

But the fact remains that your choices are deal with the situation as it is, or file for a change in custody. Period.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
TAMATHA said:
ND TO CLAIRE BY LAW HE HAS SOLE CUSTODY AND SHE MARRIED HIM SO SHE IS SUPPOSE TO TAKE SOLE CARE OF THEM BY LAW.
Wrong. She is legally a stranger and has no responsibility whatsoever for them. You can drop them at her house, and she can walk out the door leaving them on the stoop. Not her problem. Yours, and his. Not hers.

TAMATHA

ok sorry for yelling but i have been through alot. and so have my kids . i am usally a very calm and kind person but if you only knew what we have been through . i am cripled now because he broke my back and i have a lot inside me but dont know how to vent it anymore.truley sorry

TAMATHA

i missspeeleded a worded sooo anyway i can see your trailer from mine and at least i did take the wheels off mine. planning to travel? SIGHNED **************....

YOUR NABOR BUDDY
FARMER BROWN:p

bononos

TAMATHA said:
i missspeeleded a worded sooo anyway i can see your trailer from mine and at least i did take the wheels off mine. planning to travel? SIGHNED **************....

YOUR NABOR BUDDY
FARMER BROWN:p
Hooked On Phonics!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">