• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do i drop a restraining order protecting a minor if its against me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cyjeff

Stay tuned for his next post, "How do I get the criminal charges for violating a RO dropped?"
And the greatest hits package...

"Age is just a number"
"Love conquers all"
"She is really more mature" or "I am very immature"
"Her parents are really controlling"
"I heard her parents tell her to 'get out and don't come back' once, can she use that to leave?"

and ending with...

"I guess you all have never been in love and don't know how it feels".

Anyone want to place a bet that the reason Daddy doesn't like Romeo here is because even though R and Juliet PROMISED Daddy there wouldn't be a sexual aspect to the relationship, they did it anyway?

Anyone?

outonbail

Anyone want to place a bet that the reason Daddy doesn't like Romeo here is because even though R and Juliet PROMISED Daddy there wouldn't be a sexual aspect to the relationship, they did it anyway?

Anyone?
Or, dad discovered his true age,,,

CdwJava

actually for your imformation kid i never touched her
Apparently that's the allegation, however.

You go to court and defend yourself to clear your name.

In the meantime - and even afterwards - you stay away from the girl ... her father doesn't want you around, ergo, you stay away.

- Carl

adianb49

Apparently that's the allegation, however.

You go to court and defend.
well yeah..but thats all it is..he doesnt have proof. thats what im doing i was just curious to what they might do and how much proof is needed and all of that

Just Blue

actually for your imformation kid i never touched her
Yup. That what all abusive men that date CHILDREN say. I don't believe you. And a Judge will look at the facts of the situation...A grown man "dating" a legal child...Clear case of a guy that can't control women so goes after a LEGAL CHILD so that he feels in "control"...There is help for "men" such as yourself.

CdwJava

well yeah..but thats all it is..he doesnt have proof. thats what im doing i was just curious to what they might do and how much proof is needed and all of that
All he needs is a preponderance of the evidence. In other words, the court just needs a reasonable belief that the act occurred.

You have to remember, you are an adult ... she is a child ... dad has legal and moral responsibility over her ... you have none ... he has the right to determine who she sees, where she goes, when she goes there, etc. Even if you prevail in THIS order, he still gets to say what she does. If she continues to see you in spite of his wishes, and dad is feisty, get ready for him to call the cops for you contributing to her delinquency.

- Carl

adianb49

All he needs is a preponderance of the evidence. In other words, the court just needs a reasonable belief that the act occurred.

You have to remember, you are an adult ... she is a child ... dad has legal and moral responsibility over her ... you have none ... he has the right to determine who she sees, where she goes, when she goes there, etc. Even if you prevail in THIS order, he still gets to say what she does. If she continues to see you in spite of his wishes, and dad is feisty, get ready for him to call the cops for you contributing to her delinquency.

- Carl

but is him just saying i hit her enough? what if she went to the hearing and told them it never happened and that hes lying about it? and that the only marks that were ever on her from an abusive situation were in fact from her father. not me. granted the bruises are gone so neither of us have any physical proof of anything.

CdwJava

but is him just saying i hit her enough?
Maybe not. Unless he saw it, he would likely have to prevent some other evidence, such as his daughter's statement or another witness, or a photo of a mark or injury. If he can make a reasonable case why she needs to be protected from you, the court could decide his way.

what if she went to the hearing and told them it never happened and that hes lying about it? and that the only marks that were ever on her from an abusive situation were in fact from her father. not me. granted the bruises are gone so neither of us have any physical proof of anything.
So, you think you can get her to lie for you? Is it the TRUTH that dad smacked her around?

Though, such a claim might well work in dad's favor (oddly enough) because if he is the sole guardian, the state would take guardianship and place her some place where you won't be able to get to her, either.

When all is said and done, you DO plan to stay away from this girl, don't you? Or are you so "lovestruck" that you are willing to risk jail for a chance to mess around with this girl?

The bottom line is you do not have a right to be near her. The parents have control over who she sees, where she goes, and what she does - you have none. Love does NOT rule the day.

- Carl

adianb49

Maybe not. Unless he saw it, he would likely have to prevent some other evidence, such as his daughter's statement or another witness, or a photo of a mark or injury. If he can make a reasonable case why she needs to be protected from you, the court could decide his way.

So, you think you can get her to lie for you? Is it the TRUTH that dad smacked her around?

Though, such a claim might well work in dad's favor (oddly enough) because if he is the sole guardian, the state would take guardianship and place her some place where you won't be able to get to her, either.

When all is said and done, you DO plan to stay away from this girl, don't you? Or are you so "lovestruck" that you are willing to risk jail for a chance to mess around with this girl?

The bottom line is you do not have a right to be near her. The parents have control over who she sees, where she goes, and what she does - you have none. Love does NOT rule the day.

- Carl
yeah i plan on staying away from her. im not trying to go to jail or get any charges bcuz of this. but the truth is i didnt hurt he. if anyone has it was him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">