• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I help my friend from loosing his feet in jail???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sianc

The offense is conspiracy to assault and battery (misdemeanor). He is serving 60 days in county jail. The problem is that in the week that he has been there he has been moved twice between two county jails. Once to the larger jail too begin work in the kitchen as to reduce his time. The most recent move is due to foot ulcers as a result of diabetes, and a lack of a doctor at the larger facility. The problem with the situation is he did not have the foot ulcers when he entered. They are caused by his inability to get proper medical treatment, and the required prison foot wear is aggrivating his condition. He requires a special treatment that cannot be administered in his cell due to he has to have cream and a special plastic wrap on his feet for hours at a time. The last time his feet erupted he was hospitalized for a week.

This is his first time offence for anything. The lawyer tried for an ankle braclet and the D.A. pressed for time. In Solano County there are several lawsuits currently, due to insufficient health care at the county jails. Both being diabetic cases. One person lost his foot and the second went blind.

Questions are, as a friend wanting to help, how can I approach this, and what are my legal options to help. Can I approach the D.A. directly on my friends behalf? I really don't want to see him injured for life, and I don't think the county wants another law suit.

N

NGREEN

YEAH DEFINATELY TALK TO THE DA OR GO DIRECTLY TO THE WARDEN OF THE JAIL FOR FASTER RESULTS...OR YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO CALL THE JAILS INFIRMARY DIRECTLY AND ASK A DOCTOR TO CHECK YOUR FRIEND OUT...I'M SURE THEY WILL BE ABLE TO HELP!! ESP. IF THEY HAVE LAWSUITS AGAINST THEM ALREADY FOR THIS SAME THING BUT KEEP 'SHOUTING' CAUSE THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE IN JAIL ITS UP TO YOU (THE OUTSIDERS) TO HELP AND GET THE BALL ROLLING..HOPE THIS HELPS

HUSBAND WAS IN A SIMILAR SITUATION (TRIPLE ARTHRITIS IN HIS FOOT)WHILE INCARCERATED...HE GOT SOME PREFERENTIAL/MEDICAL TREATMENT

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">