• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do i prevent decanting of my trust ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jstcrazd

There are both pros and cons to allowing for the decanting of a trust. That is why you will want to sit down with an experienced attorney in your area that you trust to go over all the ways you can protect yourself and your beneficiaries in the documents that are drafted.

There are several ways other than trusts, for example, to bequeath assets to beneficiaries without the “manipulation” that you fear might come with a trust. These other ways should be explored and considered.

Forums like this are good for dispensing general information, by the way, but you will want all of the specifics of your particular situation personally reviewed by an attorney in your area. FreeAdvice is unable to provide personal reviews.
Thank you guys for all the info I appreciate it

quincy

Thank you guys for all the info I appreciate it
We all appreciate the thanks, jstcrazd, so thank you.

I think you are smart, by the way, to make sure that what you want for your beneficiaries is expressly and without question reflected in any final documents that are drafted. The exact wording, as you have noted, can be vital so that nothing is left vague or ambiguous and open to interpretations that go against your wishes. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">