• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how long can she contest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lastdj

What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania
My spouse and I are going through a divorce. We originaly agreed that it would be uncontested. Now that she is aware that she will either have to buy me out of the house or sell it and split the equity. She prob wont be approved for the mortgage by herself. Now she wont sign the papers to make things happen. The house is the only asset we have and inorder for me to move on I need the money and free up my credit. How long can she slow the process before the courts will get involved and help her along?

S

seniorjudge

lastdj said:
What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania
My spouse and I are going through a divorce. We originaly agreed that it would be uncontested. Now that she is aware that she will either have to buy me out of the house or sell it and split the equity. She prob wont be approved for the mortgage by herself. Now she wont sign the papers to make things happen. The house is the only asset we have and inorder for me to move on I need the money and free up my credit. How long can she slow the process before the courts will get involved and help her along?
Q: How long can she slow the process before the courts will get involved and help her along?

A: Until you go get a court order forcing her to do this.

lastdj

I do thank you for the response, but you are a man of very few words. Can I ask for this immediately or does she have a grace period.

S

seniorjudge

lastdj said:
I do thank you for the response, but you are a man of very few words. Can I ask for this immediately or does she have a grace period.
Q: Can I ask for this immediately or does she have a grace period.

A: As soon as you get the final judgment in your divorce. When that happens and she does not do it, then ask for the court to find her in contempt. She will then have a chance to purge herself of contempt by obeying the order. If she obeys it, you will be okay. If she does not obey it, then she will be in big trouble.

It has been known to happen that a court will order someone to do all the stuff you want your wife to do in the midst of a divorce, but I wouldn't count on it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">