• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long do I have AFTER Foreclosure Sale Date?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jan0004

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA

I have a Foreclosure Sale Date scheduled for November 20. I have been getting conflicting information about HOW LONG I will actually have to remain in the home until I get that dreaded "24hrs Notice to vacate" letter/sticker.

I heard from one attorney (Legal Aid / Free Advice) that, at the minimum, it can take as little as 10 days AFTER the sale date then plus the one-day (24hr) notice ... So, in essence, I should prepare for Moving out no later than December 1st.

Then I heard from others with first-hand experience that, even after the sale date of Nov. 20th, I would be contacted by a Realtor and asked how long I'll need (could be 30 to 60 days longer) and sometimes they may offer a cash-for-keys settlement to get out faster.

Which one is right and how can I get concrete information on how long I have? I need to know because if it is the former, then i need to start preparing to put a deposit on a rental and planning my move. If it is the later, then I just wasted what could have been potentially a few extra month(s) of "free rent" with the potential for cash for move (not to mention avoiding all the stress of moving during Thanksgiving).

Please reply with details on who I should contact or what i should do to get more definitive dtails. or just your knowledge about the real time period in cases like this?

Thank you in advance.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yours is not a legal question. In my opinion, you should be prepared to move asap.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">