• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long do they have?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CMSC

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

I filed for a child support modification back in September. It took the review board 2 weeks to decide on it, they then agreed my request was valid and forwarded it on to the county attorney. The CA handling the case received ithe first week of December. With elections in came a new County Attorney. He had an old beef with my case worker and fired her. He then hired someone who had never worked in Child Support and needs to go thru all the training.

So I'm wondering, doesn't the county attorney's office have so many days to decide on whether he should modify? I know when you first go thru the process of getting child support they have 60 days to get you a hearing. I contacted the case worker and she said she hasn't even looked over the modifications or cases that have came in because she isn't trained yet.

BelizeBreeze

Send the Agency a certified (RRR) letter copying the County Attorney reminding them of your case and ask when you can expect a disposition or filing. If you are not happy with the results file the motion on your own.

The problem you will have is that although Riggs v. Riggs, 261 Neb. 344; Filed March 9, 2001. No. S-99-1374. allows you to receive support retroactively from the date of filing, since the county attorney has not yet filed the case law is of no help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">