• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How many days do I spend in jail, if I was transferred?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Maidu089

I was transferred and had court the next day but the judge did not say how many days I will be held custody. My charges are child endangerment and had a couple court dates for this case but did not show up do to transportation.

Just Blue

I was transferred and had court the next day but the judge did not say how many days I will be held custody. My charges are child endangerment and had a couple court dates for this case but did not show up do to transportation.
What state?

FlyingRon

...and more details. Are you in custody now? For how long? Are you in custody because of the current charges? What court appearance are we talking about?

quincy

Transferred from where to where?

Are you held on a failure to appear warrant?

Please answer all of the questions asked of you and we may be able to answer your question. :)

Last edited:

Maidu089

Transferred from where to where?

Are you held on a failure to appear warrant?

Please answer all of the questions asked of you and we may be able to answer your question. :)[/QU

Tehama county then transferred thirty mins away to shasta county. Yes being held because I never showed up for court.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You are held on a warrant. You may be held until trial because you have shown you don't care about showing up. Due to transportation? Did you get anywhere else the day before, day of or day after you were to appear in court/ I would bet you did. Yeah, you will most likely sit until trial.

quincy

Why were you transferred? Was the transfer the reason for your failure to appear?

If you could clarify, that might help us help you.

Maidu089

Why were you transferred? Was the transfer the reason for your failure to appear?

If you could clarify, that might help us help you.
Yes I did get transferred because I did not show up for a couple court dates that was set for me.

justalayman

From what little you’ve written you are likely to be held until you go before a judge. Given your refusal to show st court when ordered to, you might find yourself sitting in jail until your trial or at least faced with a hefty bail. Given you already have been nabbed on a failure to appear I suspect a bondsman would be reluctant to sell you a bond. If a bond isn’t available (generally 10% of the bail amount plus pledged security in assets), you may end up having to pay the full bail to be able to be released pending trial.

I suggest you ask your attorney, when appointed or hired, how long you’ll sit in jail. They will have access to the info you apparently don’t wish to post here and can offer more specific advice.

quincy

From what little you’ve written you are likely to be held until you go before a judge. Given your refusal to show st court when ordered to, you might find yourself sitting in jail until your trial or at least faced with a hefty bail. Given you already have been nabbed on a failure to appear I suspect a bondsman would be reluctant to sell you a bond. If a bond isn’t available (generally 10% of the bail amount plus pledged security in assets), you may end up having to pay the full bail to be able to be released pending trial.

I suggest you ask your attorney, when appointed or hired, how long you’ll sit in jail. They will have access to the info you apparently don’t wish to post here and can offer more specific advice.
I question whether Maidu is in jail because of Maidu's ability to post messages on this site.

justalayman

You’re probably right about the not being in jail which pretty much means she’s a troll. Makes sense given the poor responses she has provided.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">