• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How much personal information do I have to give my boss?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Leland1975

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri
I had taken a day off work due to being sick. I went to the doctor and was given a note very basic it said I was in her office on that day and could return the next day . I wanted to use emergency vaction(vaction after the fact).My union rep came to me and told me if I wanted to get it approved I had to go and tell the plant manager what was wrong with me.Even though it was a simple problem that I know he would excuse. I felt it was none of his business and the doctors note should be good enough.I know they don't have to approve the time but putting up the option to share my personal information and get it approved bothers me and I want to know if it's legal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">