• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How much time am i looking at for escape from halfway house?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Leasenmak

My case is out of Douglas county Colorado. My charges that I pled guilty to are
1)Conspiracy to commit 2nd degree burglary
class 5 felony
2)Possession of a schedule 1 controlled substance class 4 drug felony

My past criminal history is extensive, I have 46 past cases out of Colorado when I pulled my info online.
I also had a case out of Adams county for drugs that I got 2 years probation for before being sentenced in Douglas. My deal in Douglas was a max DOC of 4 years, my sentence was 3 years in community corrections. I went to halfway house on January 2nd. With the Coronavirus going on I was released on a 30 day ferlo because I have an underlying disease that puts my health at risk. While out I messed up 1 day and didn't check in. I talked to them that evening and went back the next day. I overheard them talking after I got back and the cops were on their way to arrest me so I left. Now I am on the run and looking at an escape charge added. During the time I was in the halfway house I was 100% compliant, I had a job, I passed every UA, I have actually passed every UA for the system since May 2019. I left that day because I did not want to go to jail and for the obvious reason it's jail but also because my health and this corona virus. I know I'm facing prison now I was just hoping someone could help me to know what to do next and what I'm looking at? I am not out getting in trouble I am just scared to get the virus. I currently have 2 warrants out of Douglas county, 2 out of Adams county and 1 with the Colorado State patrol. Is there anything I have going for me that will help me or am I just out luck? Any idea how much time I might get in DOC? Thank you please any advice is greatly appreciated.

quincy

My case is out of Douglas county Colorado. My charges that I pled guilty to are
1)Conspiracy to commit 2nd degree burglary
class 5 felony
2)Possession of a schedule 1 controlled substance class 4 drug felony

My past criminal history is extensive, I have 46 past cases out of Colorado when I pulled my info online.
I also had a case out of Adams county for drugs that I got 2 years probation for before being sentenced in Douglas. My deal in Douglas was a max DOC of 4 years, my sentence was 3 years in community corrections. I went to halfway house on January 2nd. With the Coronavirus going on I was released on a 30 day ferlo because I have an underlying disease that puts my health at risk. While out I messed up 1 day and didn't check in. I talked to them that evening and went back the next day. I overheard them talking after I got back and the cops were on their way to arrest me so I left. Now I am on the run and looking at an escape charge added. During the time I was in the halfway house I was 100% compliant, I had a job, I passed every UA, I have actually passed every UA for the system since May 2019. I left that day because I did not want to go to jail and for the obvious reason it's jail but also because my health and this corona virus. I know I'm facing prison now I was just hoping someone could help me to know what to do next and what I'm looking at? I am not out getting in trouble I am just scared to get the virus. I currently have 2 warrants out of Douglas county, 2 out of Adams county and 1 with the Colorado State patrol. Is there anything I have going for me that will help me or am I just out luck? Any idea how much time I might get in DOC? Thank you please any advice is greatly appreciated.
What you desperately need right now is a good criminal defense attorney. The longer you wait to turn yourself in, the more likely it is you will be arrested on the warrants. You don’t want an arrest.

There is no way to judge what your ultimate penalty will be. I would ordinarily say that you would be returned to prison but it is possible (I don’t know how probable) that your attorney could get you a house arrest, on a tether, only because of the current Covid-19 crisis.

But you need to contact an attorney NOW if you are hoping for the best outcome.

Leasenmak

What you desperately need right now is a good criminal defense attorney. The longer you wait to turn yourself in, the more likely it is you will be arrested on the warrants. You don’t want an arrest.

There is no way to judge what your ultimate penalty will be. I would ordinarily say that you would be returned to prison but it is possible (I don’t know how probable) that your attorney could get you a house arrest, on a tether, only because of the current Covid-19 crisis.

But you need to contact an attorney NOW if you are hoping for the best outcome.
Thank you so much for your fast reply and your thoughts! I really hope you are right, that would be a miracle and a blessing if I don't go to prison. Thank you again!

quincy

Thank you so much for your fast reply and your thoughts! I really hope you are right, that would be a miracle and a blessing if I don't go to prison. Thank you again!
It is your extensive history of crime, and the fact that you fled, that will make it more difficult for your attorney to argue for continued probation. You are only fortunate that times are such that states are trying to find alternatives to jail and prison right now.

I agree with westside. You really need to find something else to do with your life. Crime is not working out so well for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">