• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how much to sue for

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flygrl

What is the name of your state? KY

My X husband was successful in getting me arrested for not turning the children over for visitation (he was 4.5 hours late).

Case dismissed by judge for wrongful arrest. (officer thought he had probable cause based on paperwork X gave him - but X didn't give him ALL the paperwork which would have explained my actions to the officers).

My X was only trying to harass me by all of this. I have never been in any sort of trouble before in my life.

He has also prevented us from getting a new parenting plan (because of his out of state move) for more than 3 years now, by filing all sorts of contempt charges on me - all of which were "not well taken" by the judge and I was NOT found in contempt.

I want to sue him for malicious prosecution. I have lost SO much money with all of this.

How do I determine how much to sue him for?

fly

rmet4nzkx

flygrl said:
What is the name of your state? KY

My X husband was successful in getting me arrested for not turning the children over for visitation (he was 4.5 hours late).

Case dismissed by judge for wrongful arrest. (officer thought he had probable cause based on paperwork X gave him - but X didn't give him ALL the paperwork which would have explained my actions to the officers).

My X was only trying to harass me by all of this. I have never been in any sort of trouble before in my life.

He has also prevented us from getting a new parenting plan (because of his out of state move) for more than 3 years now, by filing all sorts of contempt charges on me - all of which were "not well taken" by the judge and I was NOT found in contempt.

I want to sue him for malicious prosecution. I have lost SO much money with all of this.

How do I determine how much to sue him for?

fly
I am ever so sorry, but you have no grounds for a lawsuit. You were advised many times before that there were natural consequences to custodial interference and that you cannot withhold his visitation because he is delayed in arriving to collect the children, nor can you continually check his flight plans to check up on him.

tigger22472

flygrl said:
actually, my lawyer says I can and should sue him.
Then you have your answer... If he's told you that you SHOULD sue he can tell you what you CAN sue for... He knows what 'damages' you suffered... we don't.

Did you lawyer also tell you that you 'can and should' have turned the children over to him?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">