• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How often do Disability ins companies Deny LTD after successful appeal of Denial?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gleggo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA
Just wondering if anyone/how many of you have won a successful appeal of denial of benefits during "Any Occupation" phase with LTD Insurance companies with a diagnosed Chronic Illness, only to be denied again in the future??
Is this going to be a round and round every three to six months event after reinstatement of benefits if we either refuse a buy out if offered, or if LTD insurance benefits are reinstated?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Just wondering if anyone/how many of you have won a successful appeal of denial of benefits during "Any Occupation" phase with LTD Insurance companies with a diagnosed Chronic Illness, only to be denied again in the future??
Is this going to be a round and round every three to six months event after reinstatement of benefits if we either refuse a buy out if offered, or if LTD insurance benefits are reinstated?
I'm sorry, but this is not a legal question.

adjusterjack

Doesn't matter who or how many have had that happen to them.

Only matters if it happened to you.

Did it?

Did you collect benefits for a while only to have them terminated after a Continuance of Disability investigation?

This may not be a legal question but it is something I know about because I spent a few years in the past investigating disability claims for insurance companies and got sent out every six months to see the same people to verify that they were still disabled and were eligible for continued benefits.

It's quite common and routine and well worth it to the insurance company to spend a couple of hundred on my services when they were paying thousands a month in benefits.

It's not likely to happen every 3 months, more likely every 6 months. A chronic illness is more problematic to an insurance company than an identifiable injury. If your illness physically prevents you from working at "any occupation" and it's verifiable, then you have nothing to worry about. I had claimants with things like Epstein-Barr where they could barely get out of bed and had no problem continuing benefits.

So, why are you worried?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">