• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How soon can I change employer after green card

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

I use Outlook for job email and it often catches grammatical errors.
Even as a longtime editor, I make errors in spelling and grammar. In fact, some of my posts to this forum are grammatical nightmares. I often go back to edit a post if I find on a second-read that I can't live with its sloppiness.

I don't think too many of us feel the need to proofread or edit what we write on this forum, though, because the content of a post tends to be more important than the delivery ...

... and I think we all know that someone eventually will come along to point out all of the mistakes we make. :)

Just Blue

Even as a longtime editor, I make errors in spelling and grammar. In fact, some of my posts to this forum are grammatical nightmares. I often go back to edit a post if I find on a second-read that I can't live with its sloppiness.

I don't think too many of us feel the need to proofread or edit what we write on this forum, though, because the content of a post tends to be more important than the delivery ...

... and I think we all know that someone eventually will come along to point out all of the mistakes we make.
I always know that a certain someone...I wont say who...will ALWAYS correct my postings. ;)

@stealth2

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What was really frustrating to me, when I was writing my first book, was that I was deliberately using British spelling and grammar in many cases, as that was part of the point of the book. Microsoft refused to recognize the British spellings (I turned Grammar off) and gave me red wiggly lines on all the British-spelled words.

What was really frustrating to me, when I was writing my first book, was that I was deliberately using British spelling and grammar in many cases, as that was part of the point of the book. Microsoft refused to recognize the British spellings (I turned Grammar off) and gave me red wiggly lines on all the British-spelled words.
I did get into trouble once when for a laugh I reconfigured Microsoft Word spellchecker at the police department so it would only recognize colour and tyre as correct spellings.;)

Reactions: cbg

quincy

They enjoyed the humour and told me to change it back.
Of course all my handwritten reports were in English
It is important for others to know that changing computer data without authorization is a computer crime. You were lucky the police department was amused by your actions.

It is important for others to know that changing computer data without authorization is a computer crime. You were lucky the police department was amused by your actions.
I understand your point but editing Microsoft Word's spellchecker could hardly be construed as hacking. Word even has a built in help file on how to do it.

quincy

I understand your point but editing Microsoft Word's spellchecker could hardly be construed as hacking. Word even has a built in help file on how to do it.
If you were given permission to alter the file, there is no problem. If you weren't given authorization, there is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">