• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to handle a CC dispute?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Comcast has stores all over Illinois where you could have personally returned the equipment and gotten a receipt.
I live some 35 miles from nearest drop off store so thats why comcast waived the return of equipment. But after this screw job Im still going to hold onto the eqp for a while just to be sure they wont try to bill me for unreturned equipment

LdiJ

I live some 35 miles from nearest drop off store so thats why comcast waived the return of equipment. But after this screw job Im still going to hold onto the eqp for a while just to be sure they wont try to bill me for unreturned equipment
They are notorious for that, so you are wise to hang onto it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
They are notorious for that, so you are wise to hang onto it.
Since they OP already paid $600 because he didn't return the equipment, it's arguably his equipment. If that charge is reversed, then they (the provider) will have the right to pursue the OP for that amount.

LdiJ

Since they OP already paid $600 because he didn't return the equipment, it's arguably his equipment. If that charge is reversed, then they (the provider) will have the right to pursue the OP for that amount.
I thought the $600 was for ending the contract early, not for the equipment. I may have misunderstood.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I thought the $600 was for ending the contract early, not for the equipment. I may have misunderstood.
No, I went back and reread the thread and I think you're right. I had read this and gotten confused thinking the $600 was for equipment:

When I canceled they told me than returning equipment to pitch them. But I know how they operate so I kept the modem, TV box , router ect because I dont trust them as in a month they could come back and bill me for non returned equipment. I'll keep these for another 6 months

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">