• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to Handle Mediation AND the Court Hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

my bear

Can I do that? Or will the court look at it as if I am being jealous? I can back all of my arguments regarding this issue with fact, but I was not sure how it would be construed in the eyes of the court.

my bear

Status Quo

Sorry to keep pestering everyone. But I have yet another question. I am writing out the bullet points that I want to address before the Court and the mediator on Tuesday. Is appropriate to use the term "status quo" when presenting that the Court order I am requesting is what my daughter's father and I had agreed to 13 months ago and the schedule our daughter is accustomed to?

TinkerBelleLuvr

Sorry to keep pestering everyone. But I have yet another question. I am writing out the bullet points that I want to address before the Court and the mediator on Tuesday. Is appropriate to use the term "status quo" when presenting that the Court order I am requesting is what my daughter's father and I had agreed to 13 months ago and the schedule our daughter is accustomed to?
Yes, it is appropriate. That is a great segue into the notarized document.

my bear

And it keeps getting better.....

My ex served me with his final Income and Expense Declaration yesterday. He did not include copies of his pay check stubs only a one page print out that makes it impossible to tell what the various deductions where for. Will the court accept that?

Secondly, he claims that he pays $1,000.00 in child support for his other child. I have e-mails from him and a previous DCSS print out that shows that he only pay $433.00 a month. Can I submit that to the court?

His other daughter is living with him temporarily and he is not paying child support to her mother during this time. However, he is trying to say that it is costing $1,145.00 a month for her to live with him. She is ten. He does not pay for child care costs for her. Also, he already had a 3 bedroom house when she moved in, so is not paying anything extra in rental expense. He is only paying for the extra food and utilities. Can I question the extra cost he is attempting to claim?

And finally, I have an e-mail from him saying that he filed his 2007 tax return, but on his declaration he is saying the last one he filed was in 2006. He made more in 2007, than in 2006, so can I call that fact into question?

I guess what I am asking is what can I do to call into question his claims regarding his income and expenses? Escpecially since I have e-mails from him that contradict what he filed with the court.

Last edited:

LdiJ

My ex served me with his final Income and Expense Declaration yesterday. He did not include copies of his pay check stubs only a one page print out that makes it impossible to tell what the various deductions where for. Will the court accept that?

Secondly, he claims that he pays $1,000.00 in child support for his other child. I have e-mails from him and a previous DCSS print out that shows that he only pay $433.00 a month. Can I submit that to the court?

His other daughter is living with him temporarily and he is not paying child support to her mother during this time. However, he is trying to say that it is costing $1,145.00 a month for her to live with him. She is ten. He does not pay for child care costs for her. Also, he already had a 3 bedroom house when she moved in, so is not paying anything extra in rental expense. He is only paying for the extra food and utilities. Can I question the extra cost he is attempting to claim?

And finally, I have an e-mail from him saying that he filed his 2007 tax return, but on his declaration he is saying the last one he filed was in 2006. He made more in 2007, than in 2006, so can I call that fact into question?

I guess what I am asking is what can I do to call into question his claims regarding his income and expenses? Escpecially since I have e-mails from him that contradict what he filed with the court.
Yes, if you have proof that he does not pay 1000.00 a month for child support for his other child, and in fact doesn't pay any right now, you absolutely should submit it to the court.

Yes, if you have an email from him stating that he filed his 2007 tax return, you can submit that to the court. The judge may or may not accept emails as evidence.

You challenge his figures and present what evidence you have to refute them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">