• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to tell if taxes were intercepted?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CMSC

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

My ex filed his taxes last month and was told by the company he used that part of his refund was intercepted but they didn't know why. Is there anyway to find out if it is for his back child support? I've attempted to contact my case worker but she never returns emails/phone calls. Also when an intercept goes through how long does it usually take to receive the refund? Thanks!

CJane

HE can call the IRS and find out why/who got the refund.
Can I call the IRS and find out if I will be getting someone's refund? I know CSE put in for the intercept. (and yes, I KNOW that's not a guarantee that he files, that he gets a refund, etc.)

OP ~ In my state, it can take more than 6 weeks for an intercepted refund to hit my account... and the state can take it back up to 6 months later if they find out there was an error.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Can I call the IRS and find out if I will be getting someone's refund? I know CSE put in for the intercept. (and yes, I KNOW that's not a guarantee that he files, that he gets a refund, etc.)

OP ~ In my state, it can take more than 6 weeks for an intercepted refund to hit my account... and the state can take it back up to 6 months later if they find out there was an error.
No, CJane, because YOU would not be the 'recipient' of the money. CSE is the recipient. They then divy out the money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">