• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband Cheated and his Ex is Harassing Me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Camille01

What is the name of your state? OH

So my husband cheated on me for almost two years. I thought it ended a couple times but turns out, he kept it going. She almost got him fired from his job for turning him in for being abusive (he was being abusive) and I was told that if she bothered us again to contact the law. Well, she was gone for a while and she told my daughters ex boyfriend what happened and asked them if he was ever abusive to me because we had a fight at their house once. My daughters EX boyfriend called me and I take that as harassing me by proxy. She shouldn't be talking to people who know us because it will get back to me and it's harassing me, it is hard enough to deal with and I know she did it to start trouble.

I got ahold of her and told her to leave my family alone and she threatened a lawsuit against my husband for the abuse since he's a public servant and she said that I can't do anything because the person she talked to isn't related to me. But they are still an acquaintance. She didn't tell them to tell me, though, she actually made a point to put that in the text to them, probably to cover her butt because I think she wanted to just re open a bad wound. My husband is asking me not to make a stink because she could get him fired.

Can I still file a restraining order or no contact order so she can't contact anybody I know? She kept telling me to leave her alone when I texted her but I was so mad, I finally blocked her. She played like a victim and said she had every right to talk to anybody she wants and that since she was abused by my husband she was just trying to "process" it. But what about my abuse? And she won't stop texting him and he won't do anything about it or tell her to stop, or when he does, he doesn't mean it. He had her in our house too so, can't I at least get a no trespass against her in case he or she reconciles and she's back in our house? He's mad at her because she causes drama but, he always seems to go back and talk to her.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

So my husband cheated on me for almost two years. I thought it ended a couple times but turns out, he kept it going. She almost got him fired from his job for turning him in for being abusive (he was being abusive) and I was told that if she bothered us again to contact the law. Well, she was gone for a while and she told my daughters ex boyfriend what happened and asked them if he was ever abusive to me because we had a fight at their house once. My daughters EX boyfriend called me and I take that as harassing me by proxy. She shouldn't be talking to people who know us because it will get back to me and it's harassing me, it is hard enough to deal with and I know she did it to start trouble.

I got ahold of her and told her to leave my family alone and she threatened a lawsuit against my husband for the abuse since he's a public servant and she said that I can't do anything because the person she talked to isn't related to me. But they are still an acquaintance. She didn't tell them to tell me, though, she actually made a point to put that in the text to them, probably to cover her butt because I think she wanted to just re open a bad wound. My husband is asking me not to make a stink because she could get him fired.

Can I still file a restraining order or no contact order so she can't contact anybody I know? She kept telling me to leave her alone when I texted her but I was so mad, I finally blocked her. She played like a victim and said she had every right to talk to anybody she wants and that since she was abused by my husband she was just trying to "process" it. But what about my abuse? And she won't stop texting him and he won't do anything about it or tell her to stop, or when he does, he doesn't mean it. He had her in our house too so, can't I at least get a no trespass against her in case he or she reconciles and she's back in our house? He's mad at her because she causes drama but, he always seems to go back and talk to her.
She did nothing illegal. Your husband is the cheater. She has a right to sue your husband. Maybe your husband should be fired. The mistress has EVERY right to talk to anybody she wants. Your abuse is due to your husband. Divorce your husband. Your husband has every right to invite anyone he wants to the marital home.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Your husband ought not be a "public servant" when he can't be trusted to abide by the vows he has made.

Then again - that's pretty much the definition of a politician...

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
1) No. You do not have a valid reason for obtaining a restraining order. The mistress is not posing a credible danger to you. She is allowed to report abuse of herself. She is allowed to be concerned for your safety. Additionally, it does not sound as though she has engaged in defamation or libel.

2) Ohio does not have an alienation of affection law. You either put up with your philandering husband or you divorce him. His mistress is not the reason he is a philanderer, she is just a person he's philandering with. He can choose to block her, but does not.

The only legal action you can take is to divorce the unfaithful husband and take him to the cleaners. If you choose this route, go with no fault. Do not focus on the adultery in the divorce proceedings unless you have concrete legal proof of wasteful dissipation of marital assets connected with the adultery.

Just Blue

You're thought process is damaged. Please seek psychological help. A very good start to mental health would be to divorce your jerk of a husband.

FarmerJ

A good reason to at least consult with a divorce attorney would be to be come educated as to your states divorce laws and things you should do if you were to prepare for a actual divorce like how to document ALL of the financial details of the marriage. AM I telling you to leave him, NO im telling you to become educated about the process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">