• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband filing for divorce, only his name on actual Mortgage, he wants to sell I want to keep it

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrea Beasley

OREGON

Hi,

My husband is filing for divorce right now, We have 2 infants children and he wants to sell the house. I would like to keep it, specially because of the children. Only his name is on the Mortgage but we bought the house together after marriage. House has a value atm of $260k we still owe about $120k to the bank. I provided $40k for the downpayment and he provided $36k.

Is there a way I could keep the house and get a credit to pay future exhusband part and the rest of the money, would this be a Mortgage refinance?

I have no idea how I could achieve this. If we sell the house I don't want to pay rent but at the same time I've been a homemaker for the last 6 years and I have a good credit score and not sure if I can even get a credit
His name is on the mortgage and the note while your name is not on anything ? Or are.you on the deed? Where does your signature appear?

quincy

This thread is from August 2019.

Nahomya was last seen on the forum on August 14. Adding comments or questions to old threads is generally frowned upon on this site, Andrea.

Andrea, why did you delete all of your threads?

Andrea Beasley

This thread is from August 2019.

Nahomya was last seen on the forum on August 14. Adding comments or questions to old threads is generally frowned upon on this site, Andrea.

Andrea, why did you delete all of your threads?
It wasn't making sense I can tell. Sometimes it just can't be expressed well. I try but I've been telling this story for 7 years of list sleep and tired eyes. It's a mess.

Andrea Beasley

It wasn't making sense I can tell. Sometimes it just can't be expressed well. I try but I've been telling this story for 7 years of list sleep and tired eyes. It's a mess.
And usually I just get advice about hiring a lawyer. Lol I've talked to several but none are enthusiastic about challenging a banking institution with fraud. Despite the fact it happens all the time

quincy

Fair enough. Your situation did sound a mess.

For future reference, on this forum we concentrate on new threads. Old threads can be revived by the original poster but otherwise should be left for reference purposes only.

If you want to start another thread of your own, once you have gathered your thoughts, we could perhaps provide you with legal resources in your area.

This thread should now be left for Nahomya, should she return with an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">