• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband's ex wife's CC are calling my home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tammy8

What is the name of your state? NC

Actually my husband and I are separted. I get calls all the time in regards to his ex wife whom he has been divorced from for over 7 yrs. They leave messages with HER name asking her to call them back. BTW she has never lived in this house or had this phone number of mine. And they never had joint accounts--his credit report doesn't list her anywhere on his, and we moved last yr so she again has never lived near my home.

Should I disregard the calls or call them and give them her new info? I am having mixed feelings as I feel sorry for her but I also have worked so hard to keep MY credit good and don't want my credit or even my separated husband's credit to suffer.

Thanks

stevek3

tammy8 said:
What is the name of your state? NC

Actually my husband and I are separted. I get calls all the time in regards to his ex wife whom he has been divorced from for over 7 yrs. They leave messages with HER name asking her to call them back. BTW she has never lived in this house or had this phone number of mine. And they never had joint accounts--his credit report doesn't list her anywhere on his, and we moved last yr so she again has never lived near my home.

Should I disregard the calls or call them and give them her new info? I am having mixed feelings as I feel sorry for her but I also have worked so hard to keep MY credit good and don't want my credit or even my separated husband's credit to suffer.

Thanks
Call them and simply tell them she doesn't live there and not to call again. If they try to prod you for her information, you don't have to tell them anything.

Ladynred

Your credit can't be touched and if your husband's name isn't on any of the debts they're calling about, neither can his. If you have her info, give it to them. If not, tell them to stop or you will file a complaint with the Attorney General's office for harrassment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">