• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I-129F - IP Phone service & proof of a relationship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tc12345

What is the name of your state? FL

I am in the process of filing an I-129F on behalf of my Russian fiancee:

Part of the proof of our relationship of 7 months (which includes an in-person visit which is documented) is the extensive amount of phone activity between us. Up until now, I have been contacting her via the use of phone cards, of which I have no ability to get records except for my calls to the phone card access #, and also my phone records from my phone company, Vonage, which is an Internet based phone company. Fortunately, I have been dialing her Russian phone number directly with the Vonage service pretty frequently, but it is expensive.

In order to alleviate some of the costs so that we can save for our next trip, I have sent an IP phone connector to her. What this does is allows her to use a normal telephone to call me using her Internet connection. We will still use a 3rd party service to route our calls (CallCentric - www.callcentric.com) which provides us with phone bills to show that there are calls going between the 2 CallCentric phone numbers, but these phone numbers are both U.S. based phone numbers due to the nature of the service. I am also paying the bills for each of the phone numbers, although one of them is in her name. When it is time for her to interview with the embassy, I understand that she needs to present additional evidence that our relatinship is still ongoing. Are these new phone records going to be sufficient, despite my calls to her normal/Russian phone number becoming much less frequent (I'd only call it in cases where her Internet connection wasn't working properly)? Please advise. Thank you!

Last edited:

tc12345

Sorry for my 'newness' (is that even a word?) on this forum. I've edited my post to include my state. Thanks in advance for any advice.

HappyHusband

tc12345 said:
What is the name of your state? FL

I am in the process of filing an I-129F on behalf of my Russian fiancee:

Part of the proof of our relationship of 7 months (which includes an in-person visit which is documented) is the extensive amount of phone activity between us. Up until now, I have been contacting her via the use of phone cards, of which I have no ability to get records except for my calls to the phone card access #, and also my phone records from my phone company, Vonage, which is an Internet based phone company. Fortunately, I have been dialing her Russian phone number directly with the Vonage service pretty frequently, but it is expensive.

In order to alleviate some of the costs so that we can save for our next trip, I have sent an IP phone connector to her. What this does is allows her to use a normal telephone to call me using her Internet connection. We will still use a 3rd party service to route our calls (CallCentric - www.callcentric.com) which provides us with phone bills to show that there are calls going between the 2 CallCentric phone numbers, but these phone numbers are both U.S. based phone numbers due to the nature of the service. I am also paying the bills for each of the phone numbers, although one of them is in her name. When it is time for her to interview with the embassy, I understand that she needs to present additional evidence that our relatinship is still ongoing. Are these new phone records going to be sufficient, despite my calls to her normal/Russian phone number becoming much less frequent (I'd only call it in cases where her Internet connection wasn't working properly)? Please advise. Thank you!
Just submit what you have along with all email correspondence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">