• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Time is drawing near for us to file the I-751. Are there any helpful hints you can pass along to us as far as filling in paperwork, and what to send or not send...? FYI- We are happily married and have one child.
And do you know if this requires another interview..? We are suppose to send our forms to Texas, and we really didn't wanna drive/fly to the great state of Texas. :)



Senior Member
The application is sent to the Service Center of the USCIS and if Texas is the one that has jurisdiction over your place of residence this is where you'll send it, but if there is a need for an interview, the interview will be held at the local USCIS office (in Alabama).

As for the supporting documentation, send in as much of it as you have and can send. Certainly mention your child and send in a birth certificate of the child. Beyond that, send pictures, copies of utilities bills, lease/mortgage, insurance, car registration, credit cards, investment statements, bank statements, income tax returns, etc.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential