• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I don't want him to take my child from me!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ahutchGA

Good morning. I live in Georgia. My husband and I have had a rocky marriage for the past 6 months or so. Today I mentioned that I wanted to transfer to another store within my company due to poor management at my current store (the manager made a decision that resulted in an employee getting hurt).
My husband told me that if I somehow "screwed up this job," I might as well consult an attorney "because he wasn't going to carry deadweight."
I had no intentions of losing my job because I know our 15 month old son needs every penny Mommy and Daddy bring in. Following pregnancy-bedrest and a c-section, I had an emergency appendectomy so recovered from that for half of 2000. Then my husband encouraged me to stay home with Sean and even bragged that I was a SAHM. Then when things got tight, I got a job to help out.
I now feel trapped in my marriage to my husband. I feel bullied and manipulated and like a puppet on strings. However, my husband is a wonderful father who thoroughly enjoys our son and helps provide financial and insurance support for him. I don't mind giving my husband visitation if I get custody because he is an active part of my son's life. But I'm scared that if I file for divorce, my husband will see to it that I never see our son again.

L

LadyBlu

ahutchGA said:
Good morning. I live in Georgia. My husband and I have had a rocky marriage for the past 6 months or so. Today I mentioned that I wanted to transfer to another store within my company due to poor management at my current store (the manager made a decision that resulted in an employee getting hurt).
My husband told me that if I somehow "screwed up this job," I might as well consult an attorney "because he wasn't going to carry deadweight."
I had no intentions of losing my job because I know our 15 month old son needs every penny Mommy and Daddy bring in. Following pregnancy-bedrest and a c-section, I had an emergency appendectomy so recovered from that for half of 2000. Then my husband encouraged me to stay home with Sean and even bragged that I was a SAHM. Then when things got tight, I got a job to help out.
I now feel trapped in my marriage to my husband. I feel bullied and manipulated and like a puppet on strings. However, my husband is a wonderful father who thoroughly enjoys our son and helps provide financial and insurance support for him. I don't mind giving my husband visitation if I get custody because he is an active part of my son's life. But I'm scared that if I file for divorce, my husband will see to it that I never see our son again.
So are you saying the marriage is over at this point?

because if there is still a chance to talk things out and do so, and that is the only reason that you are thinking of leaving maybe you should rethink things?

As to whether he can take your child from you, that wont happen regardless. He may get custody, but you would get visitation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">