• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have joint physical, my ex has drugs in the home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bd420

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Michigan

I know for a 100% fact that my wife has drugs and paraphenalia in her house. From what I saw, it was not a significant amount, although her boyfriend deals drugs and he could easily be storing quite a bit more marijuana at my wife's house as well.

Needless to say, I don't want my children in this environment half the days of the year. Despite the fact that I actually saw the drugs in her house, what are the proper steps that I must take to ensure a no loophole seizure and possession of my estranged wife's illegal drugs?

I don't want to leave 1 stoned unturned in this procedure, I just don't have any idea how to go about initiating a 'bust', ie, do I simply call the police with an anomymous tip in regards to the house? Will the police actually take the time to treat an anonymous phone tip as grounds for driving out to the house themselves and performing a search, etc?

Many thanks,

bd420

casa

bd420 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Michigan

I know for a 100% fact that my wife has drugs and paraphenalia in her house. From what I saw, it was not a significant amount, although her boyfriend deals drugs and he could easily be storing quite a bit more marijuana at my wife's house as well.

Needless to say, I don't want my children in this environment half the days of the year. Despite the fact that I actually saw the drugs in her house, what are the proper steps that I must take to ensure a no loophole seizure and possession of my estranged wife's illegal drugs?

I don't want to leave 1 stoned unturned in this procedure, I just don't have any idea how to go about initiating a 'bust', ie, do I simply call the police with an anomymous tip in regards to the house? Will the police actually take the time to treat an anonymous phone tip as grounds for driving out to the house themselves and performing a search, etc?

Many thanks,

bd420

Unfortunately, your only choices to 'prove' this is to either call Children's Services or local law enforcement and request they do a child welfare check.

Phnx02

Call CPS and identify yourself. Tell them what you posted here and how you fear for your children's safety. Yes, drugs in the house is a safety issue. Not only do you have a stoned out mother neglecting her children, but there could also be guns, syringes, & probably strange people coming and going at all hours. Since you have joint custody, tell CPS if they remove the children, you want put in your care while they do their investigation.

bd420

I called CPS a few weeks ago

Phnx02 said:
Call CPS and identify yourself. Tell them what you posted here and how you fear for your children's safety. Yes, drugs in the house is a safety issue. Not only do you have a stoned out mother neglecting her children, but there could also be guns, syringes, & probably strange people coming and going at all hours. Since you have joint custody, tell CPS if they remove the children, you want put in your care while they do their investigation.
at the time, I hadn't actually seen the drugs in the house with my own 2 eyes, however, when I expressed my concern about drugs and her bf dealing drugs, etc, they told me that drugs were now out of the realm of items they need to be concerned with, since it is so hard to determine what degree they are interfering with her ability to parent responsibly. It almost sounds like they are just understaffed, and their is guess work with drugs, so to make their lives easier, it was pulled as a viable issue to look into. I was shocked, but not surprised, I've been getting the vindictive motivate cold shoulder on the drug issue from every agency, police, atty's, etc.

IF CPS changes their tune if I call a 2nd time, telling them I saw the drugs, what will they do, go during business hours to the house, work with the cops, etc? I'd like to nail her with her bf there AND her drug using fr's there too, all getting high preferrably.

Sculptor

You may want to hire a P.I. to get the documentation you want. That way you can see if the kids are endangered at all, and, if so, take appropriate action.

Shay-Pari'e

Hold up everyone!

at the time, I hadn't actually seen the drugs in the house with my own 2 eyes, This is not what he said.

(QUOTE)I know for a 100% fact that my wife has drugs and paraphenalia in her house. From what I saw, it was not a significant amount, although her boyfriend deals drugs and he could easily be storing quite a bit more marijuana at my wife's house as well.

Needless to say, I don't want my children in this environment half the days of the year. Despite the fact that I actually saw the drugs in her house,(QUOTE)

Whyte Noise

--PARIDISE--

The first time he called CPS (a few weeks ago), he had not seen the drugs in her home with his own 2 eyes. They told him that they don't deal with the drug issue.

bd420 said:
they told me that drugs were now out of the realm of items they need to be concerned with, since it is so hard to determine what degree they are interfering with her ability to parent responsibly.
Now, he HAS seen the drugs in her home, and wants to know if he should call CPS again, and if it would do any good since he HAS seen them with his own eyes.

Shay-Pari'e

MG,
Other than Phenix bringing it up to him, he has never stated he called CPS in the first place.

I can't tell bye his posting's that he has indeed called CPS.

If I'm reading it the wrong way, then I will fumble on to another thread.

bd420

Could I have my 11 yr old find the drugs and call 911?

Phnx02 said:
Or is that a bad idea, he wouldn't have to open the box, just find the box, based on the pipes and blunt holders rolling around, and the lightweight of the box, I'd still know that what he found still contained drugs without him having to look.

One thing I never considered is that her Dad has a scanner, and it's on all the time, so if the cops are sent out by dispatch to her house, her Dad will most likely intercept the message via the scanner, and could easily forewarn his daughter, correct?

casa

bd420 said:
Or is that a bad idea, he wouldn't have to open the box, just find the box, based on the pipes and blunt holders rolling around, and the lightweight of the box, I'd still know that what he found still contained drugs without him having to look.

One thing I never considered is that her Dad has a scanner, and it's on all the time, so if the cops are sent out by dispatch to her house, her Dad will most likely intercept the message via the scanner, and could easily forewarn his daughter, correct?
It is a TERRIBLE idea to involve your child in that way. Why would you want to subject your child to the war going on between the adults? Why would you even consider directing your child to where drugs are for any reason? And why would you attempt to use your own child to make the other parent look bad which would only hurt/confuse your child?

And, are you saying you were unaware of your wife's use of Marijuana while you were together? :rolleyes: Or would you like to have us believe she suddenly started this because of her new b/f?

P.S. Nice try about the 'special date' :rolleyes:

ENASNI

holy crimoly

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I had to google 420
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I got some info on Regatta racing and was wondering what the hooplah was all about ... till I read further. :eek:

How did I get to be my age and not hear that bit of information.
Jeesh, I feel stupid...And My mother was a friggin' Hippy.

Okay... back to "helping" the poster...
I don't think you should get your child involved in this at all... bad call.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">