• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have joint physical, my ex has drugs in the home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Whyte Noise

--PARIDISE-- said:
MG,
Other than Phenix bringing it up to him, he has never stated he called CPS in the first place.

***His 2nd post is titled "I called CPS a few weeks ago". This was after Phnx suggested he call CPS, to let us know he's already gone that route.

I can't tell bye his posting's that he has indeed called CPS.

***Again, reference his second post in response to Phnx, where he says he called them a few weeks ago. And also this part of that 2nd post:

"IF CPS changes their tune if I call a 2nd time, telling them I saw the drugs, what will they do," <snip>

To call a "2nd time" you have to have called a 1st time. :D

If I'm reading it the wrong way, then I will fumble on to another thread.
OK, fumble on then! :D

And to the OP.... do NOT involve your child in "finding" anything at all.

casa

ENASNI said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I had to google 420
I got some info on Regatta racing and was wondering what the hooplah was all about ... till I read further. :eek:

How did I get to be my age and not hear that bit of information.
Jeesh, I feel stupid...And My mother was a friggin' Hippy.

Okay... back to "helping" the poster...
I don't think you should get your child involved in this at all... bad call.
How'd you not know that with a teen daughter? LOL

ENASNI

shoot lady

casa said:
How'd you not know that with a teen daughter? LOL
She did not even know weed was marijuana til a few years ago.

She thinks Ritalin is the only form of "speed".
Heck we be's smart at other things...just not the drug stuff...KO? :eek:
I will ask her about the 420 thing tonight... she might surprise me...gee I hope not... :eek:

casa

ENASNI said:
She did not even know weed was marijuana til a few years ago.

She thinks Ritalin is the only form of "speed".
Heck we be's smart at other things...just not the drug stuff...KO? :eek:
I will ask her about the 420 thing tonight... she might surprise me...gee I hope not... :eek:
Around grade 4 I started getting dress code info. from the school- all things banned. 420 was on there, along with just about any clothing with #s, symbols etc. I myself, heard the term years ago working in an inpatient psych. hospital (the teens there for rehab carved it into everything :eek: )

I hope your daughter doesN'T know afterall ;)

bd420

special date

tryingtoplease said:
0Quote) Just a special date for me. (Quote)

Yeah, I know dude. It's s special date for a lot of stoners, isn't it? :cool:
So, we've established that my daughters fav bday gift was a barbie doll and the bdate implies that barbie must like drugs, wonderful, on to the topic at hand, how insensitive.

ENASNI

ok

so lets suppose, ken, that you were oblivious to the meaning of 420 too.
Did you get that you should NOT involve the child in the "finding" of the the drugs...? (IMO)
Did you ever think of taking this back to court and having a mandatory drug test done?
That stuff stays in the system for quite a long time ( I learned that on this here board... )
Do it the legal way... don't do anything too spy vs spy here.
Good luck.

Don't feel bad, we have a shop here called 420 and the sign on it is like that of an interstate sign. My wife asked me the other day that if that shop was on I-45 why is in it called 45 instead. :D

ENASNI

Thanks

jslopez711 said:
Don't feel bad, we have a shop here called 420 and the sign on it is like that of an interstate sign. My wife asked me the other day that if that shop was on I-45 why is in it called 45 instead. :D
Thanks...but now I am worried what 711 means in your name.. :( :D
Please tell me you just like Slurpees@???

Ambr

ENASNI said:
Did you ever think of taking this back to court and having a mandatory drug test done?
That stuff stays in the system for quite a long time ( I learned that on this here board... )
Do it the legal way... don't do anything too spy vs spy here.
Good luck.
Urine tests look at 30 days.
Hair analysis -- can go back years, depending on the last time they shaved their head. LOL!!! :D

bononos

Ambr said:
Urine tests look at 30 days.
Hair analysis -- can go back years, depending on the last time they shaved their head. LOL!!! :D
I researched this a bit, I thought hair can only actually be used for 3 months?
Results, depend on length, but a court will only use up to 3 inches???
True or False?
I definately suggest it to OP as a step to take.

ENASNI said:
Thanks...but now I am worried what 711 means in your name.. :( :D
Please tell me you just like Slurpees@???

I used to live in Las Vegas and I love to play Craps. On the come out roll 7 and 11 pays.

Ambr

proving drug use in front of a child, resulting in "contact highs" are a hard thing to prove.

from an outsiders view, and i have heard this one in court as well for my stepson.

there could be any number of ways that a child could have been exposed to it. you are looking at school, social functions, relatives. what's to say that mom was the source.

we tried the hair analysis thing as well. we took drug tests to show we were clean, mom failed hers. she claimed s/s was around other relatives that do use drugs (who were not in court to defend themselves and offer testing). was all he said / she said.

boiled down to child staying in custody of mother, 3 months worth of testing. guarantee you - come month 4, she was positive again. but DFS worker stated, if issue continued, child to be removed from home and placed in system.

would seriously consider the options.....you don't want to continual push the buttons on the drug use without proof. makes you look vendictive.

CJane

ENASNI said:
I had to google 420
I got some info on Regatta racing and was wondering what the hooplah was all about ... till I read further. :eek:

How did I get to be my age and not hear that bit of information.
Jeesh, I feel stupid...And My mother was a friggin' Hippy.

Okay... back to "helping" the poster...
I don't think you should get your child involved in this at all... bad call.
Ditto to all of the above.

I'm wondering why the poster hasn't just told his ex that he suspects drug use in the home, he considers that a material danger to the child, and he's filing for full custody?

I mean, really. If you KNOW that she's dealing drugs out of the home, and you KNOW that she's getting high while the child is there, isn't it kind of a no brainer?

However, if she's NOT dealing drugs, and she chooses to get high on the days she DOESN'T have the kid, there's probably nothing that the courts would do.

bd420

Thanks, I did talk to the juridicting law enforcement

casa said:
Unfortunately, your only choices to 'prove' this is to either call Children's Services or local law enforcement and request they do a child welfare check.
for her area, and I had a great converstation with an officer that used to be the primary instructor for the DARE program in our area before Federal funds ran out.

He took down the bf's name, age, cell number, as well as my wife's name, home num, and cell num, as well as both primary vehicles, and it will all be recorded as an official record of suspected drug use at a house with children involved, and turned over to the drug enforcement officer that patrols that area.

I felt so relieved afterwards, FINALLY, someone that actually listened to me at any rate, without ridiculing or throwing barbs.

thanks!

ENASNI

Heck Ken..

bd420 said:
for her area, and I had a great converstation with an officer that used to be the primary instructor for the DARE program in our area before Federal funds ran out.

He took down the bf's name, age, cell number, as well as my wife's name, home num, and cell num, as well as both primary vehicles, and it will all be recorded as an official record of suspected drug use at a house with children involved, and turned over to the drug enforcement officer that patrols that area.

I felt so relieved afterwards, FINALLY, someone that actually listened to me at any rate, without ridiculing or throwing barbs.

thanks!
We was throwing barbie dolls... :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">