• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I hope I wasn’t being lied to.Am I ok here? If not what trouble will I be in?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cali3365

What is the name of your state? CA. I called Elk Grove red light phone number 3x; first I didn’t know what to do, second I left a voicemail, third I left a voicemail with my phone number because I wasn’t sure if I left my number in the previous one. I called Elk Grove police and they said I should be good, since I didn’t leave any obscene or threatening language on the phone calls. Also it’s not constant only 3 calls. How likely am I good?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? CA. I called Elk Grove red light phone number 3x; first I didn’t know what to do, second I left a voicemail, third I left a voicemail with my phone number because I wasn’t sure if I left my number in the previous one. I called Elk Grove police and they said I should be good, since I didn’t leave any obscene or threatening language on the phone calls. Also it’s not constant only 3 calls. How likely am I good?
Huh? What do you mean "How likely am I good"?

I'm sorry, your post doesn't make sense to me. Could you please clarify what you are concerned about?

cali3365

Huh? What do you mean "How likely am I good"?

I'm sorry, your post doesn't make sense to me. Could you please clarify what you are concerned about?
Ok. I called Elk Grove police department 3x; one I didn’t know what to do, next was to leave voicemail, last was to leave phone number bc I forgot if I left it or not. I was worried about being in trouble for calling them 3 times. I called Elk Grove police and they said I should be good since I didn’t use any obscene or threatening language. With Elk Grove police saying this, do you think I’m good? Mind you I don’t think I’ll be, but I hope not to be charged with calling too many times.

Just Blue

Ok. I called Elk Grove police department 3x; one I didn’t know what to do, next was to leave voicemail, last was to leave phone number bc I forgot if I left it or not. I was worried about being in trouble for calling them 3 times. I called Elk Grove police and they said I should be good since I didn’t use any obscene or threatening language. With Elk Grove police saying this, do you think I’m good? Mind you I don’t think I’ll be, but I hope not to be charged with calling too many times.
Unless you have a history of abusing the police emergency lines, I would think that you should listen to the police and stop worrying.

That is a guess...because random people on the internet can't begin to factually know what a department may or may not do.

cali3365

Unless you have a history of abusing the police emergency lines, I would think that you should listen to the police and stop worrying.

That is a guess...because random people on the internet can't begin to factually know what a department may or may not do.
You’re saying that as a guess, to not worry about it like the police said?

adjusterjack

Elk Grove red light phone number
What is the red light phone number and why did you call it?

If it wasn't 911 or an emergency number, there is probably no issue with calling 3 times.

Did you ever get a callback?

Did you get your issue resolved that you called about?

zddoodah

I called Elk Grove red light phone number
I assume you're referring to this: https://www.elkgrovepd.org/traffic-division/red-light-cameras

Correct? If so, why did you call?

first I didn’t know what to do
Didn't know what to do about what?

second I left a voicemail
That said what?

How likely am I good?
I have no idea. You haven't provided any sort of a clear description of what happened?

I was worried about being in trouble for calling them 3 times. I called Elk Grove police and they said I should be good since I didn’t use any obscene or threatening language. With Elk Grove police saying this, do you think I’m good?
Again, it's not clear what you're talking about.

Why don't you try telling the story like this:

"On [date], at approximately [time], I called [the number] because ___________________. The call was answered by [a person or voice mail]. When the call was answered, I [said/did] ______________________________.

"Then, on [date], at approximately [time], I called [the number] again. I called a second time because ___________________. The call was answered by [a person or voice mail]. When the call was answered, I [said/did] ______________________________.

"Finally, on [date], at approximately [time], I called [the number] a third time. I called a third time because ___________________. The call was answered by [a person or voice mail]. When the call was answered, I [said/did] ______________________________.

"I became concerned about being in trouble for making the three phone calls, so, on [date], at approximately [time], I called [a different number?]. The call was answered by [a person who identified him/herself as ____ (not looking for a name)]. When the call was answered, I [said/did] ______________________________, and, in response, was told ___________________________."

cali3365

What is the red light phone number and why did you call it?

If it wasn't 911 or an emergency number, there is probably no issue with calling 3 times.

Did you ever get a callback?

Did you get your issue resolved that you called about?
Still waiting for a callback. I called them this morning and still nothing. :/ if no callback in let’s say, 2-3 month, how likely you think it’s ok to call back without being in any trouble?

cali3365

I assume you're referring to this: https://www.elkgrovepd.org/traffic-division/red-light-cameras

I was scared about running a red light.

That said what?

I have no idea. You haven't provided any sort of a clear description of what happened?

"On [date], at approximately [time], I called [the number] because ___________________. The call was answered by [a person or voice mail]. When the call was answered, I [said/did] ______________________________.

"Then, on [date], at approximately [time], I called [the number] again. I called a second time because ___________________. The call was answered by [a person or voice mail]. When the call was answered, I [said/did] ______________________________.

"Finally, on [date], at approximately [time], I called [the number] a third time. I called a third time because ___________________. The call was answered by [a person or voice mail]. When the call was answered, I [said/did] ______________________________.

"I became concerned about being in trouble for making the three phone calls, so, on [date], at approximately [time], I called [a different number?]. The call was answered by [a person who identified him/herself as ____ (not looking for a name)]. When the call was answered, I [said/did] ______________________________, and, in response, was told ___________________________."

The first time I called.

That said what?

Well I was concerned about getting a red light camera ticket and called them incase they can answer and find out. How likely do you think I’m ok if I only left my callback number and license plate with NO threatening or obscene language even if I called 3x? (Considering I called Elk Grove police and they said I should be good as long as I didn’t use any abusive language)

adjusterjack

If the camera caught you, the police will have no record of it until it gets in the system and, even, then they are unlikely to have access to it or even want to.

All you can do is wait. If the camera caught you, you'll get the citation in the mail with instructions.

Phoning the police, even three months from now isn't going to do anything.

Make sure you have your current address on record with the DMV for your driver license and registration. You don't want the citation going where you don't know where it is and end up with a failure to appear.

quincy

Well I was concerned about getting a red light camera ticket and called them incase they can answer and find out. How likely do you think I’m ok if I only left my callback number and license plate with NO threatening or obscene language even if I called 3x? (Considering I called Elk Grove police and they said I should be good as long as I didn’t use any abusive language)
Did you run a red light?

Cali3365, have you posted here before under the username jacklondon209? Your post here sounds awfully familiar.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/follow-up-since-its-been-nearly-2-weeks.663660/

cali3365

If the camera caught you, the police will have no record of it until it gets in the system and, even, then they are unlikely to have access to it or even want to.

All you can do is wait. If the camera caught you, you'll get the citation in the mail with instructions.

Phoning the police, even three months from now isn't going to do anything.

Make sure you have your current address on record with the DMV for your driver license and registration. You don't want the citation going where you don't know where it is and end up with a failure to appear.
Won’t it be able to be pulled up on their system after a certain period of time?

cali3365

Did you run a red light?

Cali3365, have you posted here before under the username jacklondon209? Your post here sounds awfully familiar.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/follow-up-since-its-been-nearly-2-weeks.663660/
I have but this time I’m asking about likelihood of being in trouble for calling, not about the red light camera itself. I meant no more posting about worrying about red light camera details from that account. Quincy, since I won’t be posting anything AT ALL (until something happens) I won’t get in any kind of legal trouble right? I hope I’m ok here too.

Just Blue

I have but this time I’m asking about likelihood of being in trouble for calling, not about the red light camera itself. I meant no more posting about worrying about red light camera details from that account.
You are not supposed to have more than 1 username. You should have posted this under your original username.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">