• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help is this legal ???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Foamback

What does the bank say about the disappearing statements?

So this is all due to a one time overpayment by the SSA caused by death? And SSA has recouped their funds? This has resulted in your account being overdrawn by the amount of $2,000?

What does the bank say about the disappearing statements?

So this is all due to a one time overpayment by the SSA caused by death? And SSA has recouped their funds? This has resulted in your account being overdrawn by the amount of $2,000?
The bank has yet to address the issue. I have evidence of everything. I have all the corrospondence with the bank and what they told me. I have all the corrospondece with the funeral home and the statement of death that shows the incorrect social they got from hospice, the death certficate, the fax from the day the application for the death certificate was made, and the paperwork filled out when I first returned to the country, I have screenshots of my account that shows all the history is gone, I have screenshots of the deposits that showed and are now gone, I have screenshots where the bank debit'd 1099$ and then credit'd the next day, I have the notes they kept that says to keep my account open.

What I don't have that I have asked for is to know why my account history was erased. A copy of the letter or email sent to the bank requesting the 2 & 3rd check be sent back. When Social Security was alerted on June 26th the bank claims that the death wasn't reported until July 3rd and that is when July's check was sent back.

Then Aug 29th the bank claims that social security reached out to them again and asked for may & june's check to be sent back. Yet the printout I have shows that they didn't send the checks back until Nov. 23rd and that my balance prior to Nov 23rd was only -121$. The bank wont even acknowledge that I asked for the proof that the social security asked for them back.

The bank's entire base for claim for all of this is that they are trying to say that I concealed my father's death to get his money. Yet, I was in the U.K on layover flights when my father passed away. I was able to recieve the call from hospice saying they made notifications. Once I was in Lebanon I got a Leabanese SIM card because its difficult to find a calling card that will give you long distance to the U.S so I use the sim card for internet and communicate through whatsapp along with 98% of Lebanon, so i had no way to reach social security to confirm and I had no reason to believe the nurse would be untruthful ( she wasn't they just had the wrong social)

Not to mention that the teller that was my good friend was made aware of my father's passing maybe an hour after I talked to hospice. I didn't have the debit card nor access to online banking so when my father's check came April 30th she withdrew the funds to give to my ex-husband to bills which I didn't realize he wasn't entitled to that check, she also asked to borrow maybe 60$ from the account. She didn't qestion why it came in and her boss told her that there was nothing they could do until the death certificate came in.

When I returned home May 27th, I was overwhelmed I really thought my husband would be able to come home with me instead we had to start the USCIS process, my mom is very sick she went on hospice not to long after and alot of stuff but I contacted the funeral home and they had kept my dad's body in storage for an entire month he kept telling me if i paid up the debt he would get my mom my dad's social security, the death benefit, he would reverse the 2700$ in storage fees, get me the death certificate and I wasn't thinking that we already did the notifcation process and what not so I asked him who does notifications and he said that he will take care of all of it. He sent papers we signed them and I thought it was handled.

My dad's check came on June 1st and I was thinking that it was the end of May ( I was mentally in a bad place trying to handle everything) so i paid my father's cremation and what not my teller friend asked to borrow 80$ I didn't think anything of it. until July

July 1st his check posted early and I called my friend at the bank and asked her why and she said most likely it was a mistake and it would be sent back mondy, I said ok cool well my father and I had that account for 2 years, his checks, my checks, and a ton of stuff was set to autodraft so by monday half of his check had been taken with autodraft. that was when the bank called me to come up there and talk to the bank president. They told me to make a payment plan. They didn't send the check back the 3rd. They place a freeze on the account but then called me when i got to work and told me a hold had been placed for fraud and I was like no its for social security, she was like whatever i need to know what transactions are yours so i can push them through i was at work and in shock kinda so i was like i guess all of them, she said ok pushed them through and then sent the check back a few days later.

Just the one check that was all social security asked for.

When they sent the check back in July my account was overdrafted 1200$. I made an immdiate 300$ payment and was paying that amount down each week. Until Aug 11th when I started getting overwhelmed with bills they told me to make small payements to show I was trying and it would be fine. Aug 29th they said that soical security came back and asked for May and June's check back as well. However I had hooked my account to a 3rd party app varo to continuue to make the payments and it didn't reflect two checks going back.

The bank never contacted me again. it wasnt until after i got released on bond and got back into my account, and the manager had sent me a print out of 4 transactions I noticed that the checks went back Nov. 23rd

I have no idea and no way to know if soical security actually requested those checks or what but if i believe the bank then ssa is paid and I am only dealing with the bank

Foamback

You really need to stop repeatedly explaining everything and just stay on topic. Your husband plays zero part in this. Your ex husband plays almost zero part in this. USCIC or whatever has no part in this. At this point, the funeral home and the SS number is rectified and done with.

You should use the terms (social security) deposit or payment instead of check unless you actually did receive a paper check.

Whose names were on the account? I assume you, your parents and your ex, because there would be no other way for your exhusband to receive money.

Your issue is with the bank. If SSA wanted money your would receive written correspondence by USPS.

Last edited:
You really need to stop explaining everything and just stay on topic. Your husband plays zero part in this. Your ex husband plays almost zero part in this. USCIC or whatever has no part in this. At this point, the funeral home and the SS number is rectified and done with.

You should use the terms (social security) deposit or payment instead of check unless you actually did receive a paper check.

Whose names were on the account? I assume you, your parents and your ex, because there would be no other way for your exhusband to receive money.

Your issue is with the bank. If SSA wanted money your would receive written correspondence by USPS.
1.) All I wanted to know is if it was legal about the fact that I have no charges and what not. This is why I wasn't mentioning the charge part because it took over from the original question.

2.) The only names on the bank account are mine and my father's. My good friend was the teller so yes the money was given to my ex-husband.

3.) Yes. The issue is with the bank but I stated that but I was answering what I was asked.

4.) My main issue is it being legal to keep me on bond according to the FBI there is nothing on me

Foamback

1.) All I wanted to know is if it was legal about the fact that I have no charges and what not. This is why I wasn't mentioning the charge part because it took over from the original question.

2.) The only names on the bank account are mine and my father's. My good friend was the teller so yes the money was given to my ex-husband.

3.) Yes. The issue is with the bank but I stated that but I was answering what I was asked.

4.) My main issue is it being legal to keep me on bond according to the FBI there is nothing on me
1) you need to find a lawyer that you pay to address this

2) it is exceedingly unusual to the point of being unbelievable that a teller would loan themselves money from your account or give money to your ex without written documentation.

3) asked and answered

4) the “source” in the FBI probably isn’t. They don’t go looking into minor local cases. The person may have looked at publicly accessible web sites to see your court and county DOC status

1) you need to find a lawyer that you pay to address this

2) it is exceedingly unusual to the point of being unbelievable that a teller would loan themselves money from your account or give money to your ex without written documentation.

3) asked and answered

4) the “source” in the FBI probably isn’t. They don’t go looking into minor local cases. The person may have looked at publicly accessible web sites to see your court and county DOC status
1.)Why do you have to be rude. If I found an attorney that would answer it I wouldn't be trying to find our here. If you read anything other than the the social security part I've called about 29 lawyers and none can help this far.
2.) Your right it is. I wouldn't believe if I wasn't going through it. Whether you believe it or not is irrelevant video evidence doesn't lie
3.) I'm sincerely just trying to find answer to my first question. If you don't know the answer then you don't have to respond. I swear you must be from south Arkansas because you have the same condescending attitude they do.
4.) I don't understand what is wrong with people today. I ask a question it gets turned into something then I'm basically called a liar. Talking down to me because you chose not to take me at face value is on you. I said what I said. I know what I said. I also know exactly who the "FBI" is to me. Twist it however you want it doesn't change the facts even if you choose to deny it. I could care less.
5.) I wouldn't believe 98% of anything here if I didn't see it happen. Corruption happens. Small towns have a lot of it I don't need your theories don't believe it come see for yourself I literally just wanted an answer to my question.

Foamback

Your lack of conciseness probably scares off lawyers. Show up with plenty of dough for a retainer and you can probably get legal help

LdiJ

1.)Why do you have to be rude. If I found an attorney that would answer it I wouldn't be trying to find our here. If you read anything other than the the social security part I've called about 29 lawyers and none can help this far.
2.) Your right it is. I wouldn't believe if I wasn't going through it. Whether you believe it or not is irrelevant video evidence doesn't lie
3.) I'm sincerely just trying to find answer to my first question. If you don't know the answer then you don't have to respond. I swear you must be from south Arkansas because you have the same condescending attitude they do.
4.) I don't understand what is wrong with people today. I ask a question it gets turned into something then I'm basically called a liar. Talking down to me because you chose not to take me at face value is on you. I said what I said. I know what I said. I also know exactly who the "FBI" is to me. Twist it however you want it doesn't change the facts even if you choose to deny it. I could care less.
5.) I wouldn't believe 98% of anything here if I didn't see it happen. Corruption happens. Small towns have a lot of it I don't need your theories don't believe it come see for yourself I literally just wanted an answer to my question.

Part of the problem is that you are all over the place with your explanations. People ask you specific questions and instead of answering the specific question you explain things over again. I still don't understand what is going on with your case so I couldn't answer your first question if I wanted to do so.

If you do the same thing when talking to attorneys, then they are going to tend to throw their hands up in the air and not want to deal with you.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Not sure what it is about Foamback's reply you believe to be rude. The only rudeness I see comes from you. Everyone else has bent over backwards to try to make sense of your issue/question.

Personally, I can't help but wonder if your teller "friend" is more deeply involved than you realize.

Last edited:

quincy

Here is a link to the Arkansas ACLU:
https://www.acluarkansas.org/en/know-your-rights/know-your-rights-criminal-court

I have concerns that you are on bond supposedly for felony theft (which in Arkansas can come with between 3 to 20 years in prison and fines between $10,000 and $15,000) and that you say the judge you saw did not inform you of the charge against you or your right to counsel. The situation you find yourself in is beyond my comprehension.

I don’t know if the ACLU can assist you but they might be able to point you in the direction of someone who can help, if tomorrow (the 7th) does not provide clarity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">