• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need HELP with federal court !!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?new york

I filed a complaint in federal court myself , i messed up . I need help in amending my complaint if it is at all possible, please let me tell you why .In my complaint i attempted to join all party's, and I failed to ask for relief from each party separately , so the complaint is made non valid under F.R.C.P 12 (e)., i need to give a more definite statement in an amended complaint. .
One of the defendants lawyers has filed a motion to dismiss my complaint under F.R.C.P 12 (e)., i was wondering what rules of federal civil procedure apply to amending the original complaint while it is still valid without dismissing it or appealing it ?
What would my amended complaint look like if i can amend it? Does anybody know of a specific case like mine i could study and look at what some one else did so i can at least keep this afloat for now. I am sorry I am very stressed out! I hope I didn't bother anybody with my problems.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential