• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I Was Discriminated from Employment - Need Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

koolx

What is the name of your state? NY

Hello lawyers.. I was discriminated from a job after a job offer was made based on my criminal convictions which have nothing to do with the tasks of the job. How can I find the best employment discrimination lawyers in NYC?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Hello lawyers.. I was discriminated from a job after a job offer was made based on my criminal convictions which have nothing to do with the tasks of the job. How can I find the best employment discrimination lawyers in NYC?
Most of us are not attorneys and this is not a referral site.
You can file a complaint with the Division of Human Rights

https://dhr.ny.gov/protections-people-arrest-and-conviction-records

koolx

Most of us are not attorneys and this is not a referral site.
You can file a complaint with the Division of Human Rights

https://dhr.ny.gov/protections-people-arrest-and-conviction-records
I thought this was a forum for lawyers.

Division of human rights is not as good as hiring a real employment discrimination lawyer who highly specializes in job discrimination cases.

Cab you or anyone here recommend good employment discrimination attorneys for NYC? Its really tough finding a good one with a high success rate.

zddoodah

I suggest you review the Disclaimer and "Important Notice" at the bottom of the page. Also give some thought to the fact that virtually everyone who posts here (and at other, similar legal message boards) does so anonymously, so you have no way of knowing anyone's qualifications.

Do a google search for something like "new york city employment attorney" and/or reach out to bar associations in NYC or the borough in which you sought employment.

Zigner

I thought this was a forum for lawyers.

Division of human rights is not as good as hiring a real employment discrimination lawyer who highly specializes in job discrimination cases.

Cab you or anyone here recommend good employment discrimination attorneys for NYC? Its really tough finding a good one with a high success rate.
I'm sorry, but this is not a referral site - nobody is going to give you a referral to a specific attorney. You can try https://www.freeadvice.com/ or your state's Bar.

Zigner

I'm curious - what was the job you applied for and what were you convicted of?

quincy

IOW, you want to win the lawsuit lottery.
... or know whether there is a legal action worth pursuing. There could be.

Facts not yet disclosed to us here could give us a better idea but seeking out an attorney in NYC for a personal review is best.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">