• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was Terminated.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

As I wrote on here last week; 2 weeks ago my boss handed us a new employee handbook. A week later he wrote me up 3/25 at 5pm as I walked out of the office for "Not completing some tasks" After the write up I worked 2 days and on Monday which we do not work he sent me a text letting me know I did not need to come in 3/29 because our schedule fell apart. HUGE LIE he had someone in the office for a working interview. Today 3.30 I went into the office and he handed me a paper stating he had been observing me for a week since my written warning HUGE LIE I worked 1 / 8 hour day and 1/ 5 hour day after the write up. Stated on this form that he was terminating me because I was not following my job responsibilities. Stated some other things he claims I did wrong. As he was telling me this I did remind him that 2 people work in the front and 2 people make those mistakes not just me. I did all I could in those 2 days to show him that I cared and would fix any wrong doings.

I also apologized letting him know any mistakes were in good faith and I would never do anything on purpose that would affect the office.

He wanted me to sign this termination letter which I declined because I did not agree with it one bit I thanked him for employing me and walked out as he said it was nothing personal.

I saw this coming and now I see him trying to deny my unemployment and doing all he can in his power for me to not receive this.

He did find out I am pregnant not to long ago and also is aware that I would be moving in December because my husband is in the Military.

ANY ADVICE???? :confused::(

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

As I wrote on here last week; 2 weeks ago my boss handed us a new employee handbook. A week later he wrote me up 3/25 at 5pm as I walked out of the office for "Not completing some tasks" After the write up I worked 2 days and on Monday which we do not work he sent me a text letting me know I did not need to come in 3/29 because our schedule fell apart. HUGE LIE he had someone in the office for a working interview. Today 3.30 I went into the office and he handed me a paper stating he had been observing me for a week since my written warning HUGE LIE I worked 1 / 8 hour day and 1/ 5 hour day after the write up. Stated on this form that he was terminating me because I was not following my job responsibilities. Stated some other things he claims I did wrong. As he was telling me this I did remind him that 2 people work in the front and 2 people make those mistakes not just me. I did all I could in those 2 days to show him that I cared and would fix any wrong doings.

I also apologized letting him know any mistakes were in good faith and I would never do anything on purpose that would affect the office.

He wanted me to sign this termination letter which I declined because I did not agree with it one bit I thanked him for employing me and walked out as he said it was nothing personal.

I saw this coming and now I see him trying to deny my unemployment and doing all he can in his power for me to not receive this.

He did find out I am pregnant not to long ago and also is aware that I would be moving in December because my husband is in the Military.

ANY ADVICE???? :confused::(
Why are you starting another thread?

Why did you delete your other thread?

Beth3

Your boss has the right to contest your unemployement claim. If the UC Division does not grant you benefits, then follow the directions enclosed with the Initial Determination and file for a hearing.

So are you suggesting your pregnancy and/or your husband's military status were relevant to your termination?

antrc170

Stop posting threads and find another job. You may be denied unemployment, but then you'll have an opportunity to appeal the decision. Poor work performance is generally not enough to keep you from collecting benefits. Your boss may be tacky and rude, but you were terminated legally.

?

This is a forum were you are allowed to post threads right? Or am I mistaken?

I have already started to apply for jobs.

Stop posting threads and find another job. You may be denied unemployment, but then you'll have an opportunity to appeal the decision. Poor work performance is generally not enough to keep you from collecting benefits. Your boss may be tacky and rude, but you were terminated legally.

Not sure

I do now know why he decided to suddently find a reason to terminate me after 2 years.

Your boss has the right to contest your unemployement claim. If the UC Division does not grant you benefits, then follow the directions enclosed with the Initial Determination and file for a hearing.

So are you suggesting your pregnancy and/or your husband's military status were relevant to your termination?

I deleted the last one bc I was concerned my boss would come across it and I was scared to lose my job. Now that I was terminated I chose to start a new one to get advice. Many people on here gave me some great advice last time and I APPRECIATE IT.

Why are you starting another thread?

Why did you delete your other thread?

commentator

No problem with deleting threads. Just don't quit reading them, with all the advice they contain.

When someone wipes away everything they've been told, then re-posts, it feels a little like they're fishing for something they didn't hear, or don't like the advice they've received.

I think you're probably pretty safe from your employer finding you on this post, unless you have discussed it with the other people in the office or something. But anyhow, the dope has fired you for whatever reason.

So now you file for benefits, and then if you are denied at first, you appeal the decision and have a hearing. Or if you are approved on the first decision, the employer may appeal and request a hearing.

Either way, there is absolutely no reason to worry about it or agonize about it, you did the best you could, and it just happened as it did. If he did use "poor work performance" as a reason to terminate you, you are in pretty good shape, as has been said that is usually not a deal killer for unemployment as long as you continue to maintain that you did your job to the very best of your abilities.

As for looking for another job, file for unemployment benefits first, then you will be set up to look for other jobs. You are not exactly a red hot job prospect, though no one will admit it, because of your pregnancy and especially if you once again reveal to them that you are going to be shipping out soon, but you will have to be able and available and actively seeking work in order to draw unemployment benefits if approved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">